Chapter One Lines

A new line to cross, a new day to live, a new life to start at Hillrant High. A fresh start, a needed fresh start. Life back at Stienshore Middle, wasn't good experience. Everyday I was treated like trash, literally...You may say that's horrible, try living that for 5 years. Trying logging on to Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter and seeing messages pop up one by one.

"-You're such a freak!-" Says one.

"-Stop creeping my profile HE SHE-" Another sates

While yet another yells "-Maybe we oughta knock some sense into your parent's heads like we do your's everyday-"

This has been my pain for over 5 years. All because of my name. If you heard my name but never saw me, you'd probably think I'm a girl. Which I'm not...

My name is Austrian Ezfern and I'm a boy. A boy has makes top of his class +A student. I'm a boy just like any other boy, I'm into video games, sports, music, and girls.

I'm also a boy who was excited for a new start. A boy from Nova Scotia, excited to move to Vancouver BC. Unlike my younger sister Julia, who was in tears getting consoled by my parents not even noticing that I was excited for this move.

They never notice anything about me though. Instead they always cater towards Julia. Ever since I was born they push me aside. My parents wanted two perfect daughters and I know this because the nurse who delivered me told me that they were shocked that I was a boy. The nurse told me of how they had everything in hopes of a little girl. Then I came, as a boy...

That's the first time they were disappointed in me ever since then they continually choose to ignore me. Hillrant High is a ticket to a new life for me no one is gonna know me the real inside Austrian...

The real me who expresses his dark pain through music. Recording and gathering music, while making cds.

Walking up to Hillrant High is like walking up to a factory, that's how big it is. So far what we've gathered from the locals it used to be half the size it is now. Seeing it now you can definitely tell the old half from the new half. The old half is made from beige brick and silver trim while the newer half was full on brick with beige window sils.

I look down seeing the line of the sidewalk, exhaling as I cross it. I'm not sure why, lines and new chapters have always been important to me.

One step...

Two step...

Three step...

Four step...

I reach the door. Pulling it open there is a hairstudio, a balcony with people looking down on not only me but everyone else as well. The office is at the back, by the gym. I've heard that this school has two. Not sure whether to walk up to the office window or to the office side counter, I walk to the office door deciding to walk in. However I'm greeted by yelling words.

"You can't do that! I won't allow it!" an angry teacher wearing a tennis skirt and shirt yells at what looks like the principal and a teacher or student as she storms through the office brushing me on the shoulder.

"I'm sorry you had to witness Ms. Cavilia our tennis coach" apologizes the principal as the teacher student stands up.

"Well, I'd better get back to marking my history reports, sorry about that Mr. Rama"

He says as he opens the door so, I'm guessing that was a teacher.

"Welcome to Hillrant High..."  Mr. Rama looks confusingly.

"Austran" I don't know why I didn't tell him my actual name, but this is a new day and new dawn.

"Welcome to Hillrant High Austran, I see you've already met Ms. Cavilia and Mr. Stenly. They are a big part of our school, I'm sure you'll see why later. But for now let's get you to your class." Explains Rama as he hands me a schedule and a map.

Minutes later I'm walking down the complicated hallways of Hillrant, trying to find my period two drama class. I'd already missed period one social studies trying to find it. Knowing me with my luck, I'd be late for every class today just trying to get to it. I wish someone would help me, cause just as I think I'm getting somewhere there's a wrong turn.

"Hey" A purple, red, and black mohawk Asian with nerdy glasses and suspenders says as he walks up to me. My first thought he's a security guard which is great and bad, not only will I get in trouble for "skipping" classes but he can show me where to go.

"Hi..." Nervously waving I extend my arm,

"I'm Austran" Putting my hand all the way out.

"Jordie" He says taking my hand and giving it a good shake.

"You must be lost?" He let's go of my hand watching my reaction.

"Yea, kinda...

I know Mr. Dues drama's class is down this hallway somewhere."

"Basically just straight and turn at the door, and go through it." His voice is lowish but highish at the same time.

"I'm going there right now as well, so if you want I can walk with you." He adds quickly.

"Thanks man" I'm confused now...

"What grade are you in?" I add hoping to maybe be in the same grade and have at least some classes together. This Jordie seems like a nice guy.

"Grade nine, came from Attendue Middle,

what about you?" He returns the question.

"Stienshore Middle in Nova Scotia" I admit.

While adding that we just moved here.

"Wow, that's far..." He reaches for the door, opening it.

"Stick with me and you won't get lost, my older brother and sister have been here for a few years now. Both of them are in grade eleven, so I know this place pretty well." He offers.

"Thanks man" I say again stepping through the door and thinking maybe life here at Hillrant High won't be so bad.