Goodnight Sleep

Katy

As I lay in bed with Daemon, my thoughts are all jumbled up. I'm curled up against Daemons rock hard chest. His hand is currently laying on top of my stomach. I check the clock and it reads 3:23am. Its to early to be awake. I try like several times to get back asleep but my body wont allow it. I squeeze my eyes shut, trying to clear my mind of all thoughts so I drift off back to sleep. It feels likes my mind is saying I'm not going to sleep. I sign and I think Daemon heard it because he says. "Go to sleep, Kitten." His voice is calm. I groan. "I can't." I reply in a childish voice. Daemon chuckles a little. I smile. I love it when I make him laugh. I also love the sound of his laugh. I decided to face Daemon instead of facing away from him. His eyes are closed and his breathing is normal. I watch his mouth. His lips are slightly parted. All of a sudden he blows out from his mouth really hard and the air gets all in my face. I jerk back as he does it, putting my hands on his chest and keeping my face back. He opens one eye and laughs. I scowl at him. "You shouldn't have been looking there then." He says still laughing. I roll my eyes. As his laughter dies down, he closes his eye and returns to sleeping. I snuggle closer to him and his arms wrap around my waist, holding me close and tight, as if i'm going to drift away. I give him a small kiss on the lips. That gets his attention and both his eyes swing open. His hands cup my face and he leans in to kiss me. At first its a soft gentle one, then it turns into a hungry, deep one. He pulls away and rests his forehead against mine. I keep my eyes close. He kisses both my eyelids, then both my cheeks, my forehead, chin then he kisses my mouth. This time not as long as the last one. This one was gentle. "Goodnight my kitten." He murmurs. I can feel myself slipping away as he releases his hands from my face and puts his arms back around my waist. My face rests against bare chest. He isn't wearing a shirt. I inhale deeply and I catch his scent. He smells like something I cant quite explain. I rub my face against his chest and he kisses the top of my head. I smile against his chest. That night, I dream about just me and Daemon, running hand in hand through a field of yellow flowers.