Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Once I got home, I remembered my parents were out on a hunt. I sigh as I walk through the front door of the almost haunting, looking house. The hall leading to the kitchen and main dining area was white with a couple of house plants sitting on small tables lining the walls. My mother had a thing for house plants, she watered them with holy water I had no idea why I didn't seem to do anything. Not that I've ever had a demon in my house.

I place my bag down on the vacant, black, leather chair sitting at the bench. Before grabbing a glass of OJ and walking up stairs. My room was clean, thank god. It was I scheme of grey and white, with my double bed in the middle of the room the head-board against the wall. To the left of the bed was a bay window, I cherished that thing. I did everything there; manly snuggle up with a book and a flash light at night looking out to the stars every now and then. The pillows were grey and the one in the middle was a ruffled silver. The desk over to the right, had my books on a shelf all around it except for about a two metre square above it, where I had a huge pin board full of pictures and a world map. I walk over to the bay window and sit down. I go to take a sip of my OJ before my phone rings causing me to almost spill it. I place it on the window sill frantically looking around for my phone. Remembering it was in my pocket the whole time I answered it quickly.

"Hello?" I say, my farther had always taught me to never say my name while answering the phone. I was always on the run when it came to demons. They would threaten my dad. I was never told why I don't know why they were threatening him, but they seemed to shove me in the middle of it. They never caught me, the bastards. I never knew what they were trying to get out of him. They had to be trying to get something out of him. Right?

"Oh my god! It's Cora you bitch I have news" she said loudly. I moved the phone away from my ear to hear her clearly without my ear drum being blown up.

"Oh cool, what is it?" I asked knowing it was going to be some random rumour about something or someone.

"It's Kyle" she said and my heart stuttered remembering the talk we had today. My cheeks flamed as I sat cross legged on the bay window looking out of the curtain. I bit my nails nervously.

"Well?" I asked "what about him?" I waited for her response and started to fiddle with the opened slightly grey lace curtains.

"So you obviously know that I'm having a Halloween on the weekend. Its two freaking nights away you better have a costume." She said not really answering my question. I curse under my breath. No I didn't have a costume. I look over to my wardrobe at the foot of the bed blankly.

"I knew you wouldn't." she said I cringed "I will give you something okay?" relief rushed through my body as I sighed

"Thank you. You are the best" I laughed smiling. Looking out the window I noticed dawn was coming as the sky turned to I light shade of purple. I saw a couple of bats fly by which was normal around here.

"I know" she said giggling I smile and play with the ruffles on the silver pillow "Anyway. Kyle is coming and he asked if he could bring some one!" she practically squealed into the phone. My fingers slowed as my heart accelerated.

"That doesn't mean anything" I said softly. He would bring someone like Kim Fitz. Queen bee at our school. She always wore clothes that were probably too small for a six year old and I was always scared her breasts were going to fall out at any moment. On that thought my shoulders slumped.

"Bullshit aria" Cora said into the phone. I moved it away from my ear once again. "He's going to ask you! Oh my god you're so oblivious to it. You watch" I smile faintly hoping that he would. I have had a crush on him for god knows how long.