4...

The 'so called party' started. Guests arrived. Kat told me that most of the guests were her friends. I could hear a lot of noise from downstairs, it made me uneasy.

"Kat, I'm sorry I won't be able to attend the party" I said, my voice unsteady.

"Okay," she said calmly. I knew that somehow or the other she'd take me to the party.

"Lovely ladies, giggling girls, gentle gentlemen and bouncy boys you've been waiting for the birthday girl, isn't it?" We heard the announcement downstairs ," so here comes my sweetheart- Katherine"

"Demi, don't stay at the party just come with me downstairs, please." She said pleading me.

I couldn't say a no. So I agreed. I told her that I'd come downstairs with her and after the cake cutting I'd climb upstairs. She agreed. I hung my Nikon D7000 on my neck and stood up, still unsteady.

Then I realized I hadn't yet put on my heels. I sat again and with a total distress I put them on.

"Now come on, everyone's waiting to see me," she said impatiently "make it snappy, Demi."

I stood from her king size bed and came to the door. She was already standing in the corridor waiting for me. I shut the door behind me and started along. As we headed towards the stairs, there was a huge applause.

We came down the stairs, one by one, slowly and smoothly. Kat's mom was standing at the foot looking at us with affectionate eyes. Instead of looking at Kat she stared at me more. It felt as if my mom was standing there staring me.

The decoration was good enough. The huge hall, now had so many tables and chairs arranged systematically. Everywhere I could see different coloured ladies and girls. Men had mostly black coats on and the young boys looked creepy fellows with their girls standing besides them. On one corner of the room there stood the bar. They provided some coloured drinks. Near the bar thee were tabled loaded with different dishes. All the dishes had silver lids on them suggesting that the food would be served after the cake cutting. At the center of the hall there was big black piano. It stood on a platform above. A man with black waistcoat and red tie played music. It was some kind of autom music I thought. The music suddenly changed to what sounded like -"Happy birthday to you..." But now the drummers and the guitarists played and not the man with a black waistcoat. Kat was climbing down the stairs slowly and gracefully. I tried it in the same way.
When she was at the foot of the stairs, her mom revived her. Her mom had a black party gown. Her hair were braided. They looked glossy reddish colour. Her eyes were glowing. She smiled sweetly at Kat. She had a champaign in one hand. She put that glass on the table near her. She gave her hand and gestured me to hold her hand. I eyed her curiously but then without saying anything I let her hold my hands. Her hands were soft and perfectly manicured.

She took our hands and leaded us to the centre of the hall where the piano man stood. We climbed the platform. She left our hands and took the microphone which was placed beside the piano.

"Ladies and gentlemen, Katherine, my daughter is now turning 20. This huge celebration is in her honour." Kat's mom was now looking at Kat and said, " 20 years ago, Kat, the doctor placed you in my arms. I was so glad to have you. All my pain vanished just by a glimpse of you. Now you've turned 20. When I look into your eyes I still see that little innocent naughty Katherine." The croud laughed a little then Kat's mom continued, " I love you Kat. Baby, happy birthday."

Kat took the mic in her hands and started, "My mom still thinks that I'm her little kid. Well mum you need to know that I still think myself as your little naughty kid. Mom I live you too. Thanks for arranging such a big party. I love you a lot." Saying this she hugged her mom tightly. Both of them were in each other's arms. There was a huge applause. I looked at them happily.

Then Kat's mom took the mic and said," so what are we waiting for. Let's begin the cake cutting."

A waiter dressed in white shirt and black trousers came with a trolley carrying a huge cake. It was a black forest flavoured. On the cake was written '20' with white cream. The special thing about this cake was that it was made by Kat's mom. I took many pictures if cake cutting, guests, musical band, bar and of course of Kat.

After the cake cutting I was heading towards the stairs when Kat caught hold of me and said her friends were eager to know me. I said I wasn't interested. But she persuaded me to meet her friends and enjoy the party.

"Okay," I said furiously.

"So let's first see my friends and then you'd like to have some drink, I suppose, and then we'd dance..."

"Stop, I'm gonna do what I want to, okay?" I said snapping.

"Hmm..." She said calmly,"now come with me."

She leaded me to a group which was standing near the bar.

A/N
Hey guys its me again.. I hope you all are enjoining reading it. If there are any suggestions kindly place them in the comment box.. And yeah I need votes. Well read and enjoy. I'd be back with the next update soon.