Chapter 5: Light before the Darkness

Disclaimer: I do not own Kuroko no Basuke. Fujimaki Tadatoshi-sensei owns it. The only thing I own is this story.

I do not own the cover photo either. Credits go to their respective owners.

Warning: Grammatical errors, limited vocabulary, unbetaed :3

––––––––––

"Good job, Kise. Stu~pid. Really, really stupid," Aomine was perpetually teasing slash provoking slash picking on Kise. Well, of course he would. He's not the one to blame this time, after all. He's not the one who will incur the demon's wrath.

"I hate to admit it, but, for once, I agree with Aomine." Midorima, wearing a "not amused" expression, continued. "I know that you are an idiot, and Aomine is more idiotic, but I never thought you'd be this..." Midorima sighed, his face contorting to that of annoyance. "...You'd be more idiotic than him, this time," he pushed his spectacles upwards before grumbling once more whilst shaking his head. In disbelief, might be the reason.

"OI!" Aomine retorted.

"I–" Kise bit his lip and clenched both of his fists, his nails almost bruising his palms, whilst scornfully boring his eyes on the smooth, white floor– definitely, an act of rue. The blonde prince seemed to have immediately regretted what he had said, but we all know that regret comes too late and it comes in all shapes and sizes, and there's nothing one can do but ponder over the endless "what if's."

"Kise-chin is soooo insensitive. Kuro-chin must be hurt," Murasakibara said, though impassively, a hint of worry on his face. He was looking at the direction the bluenette prince went.

"Akashi, don't you think we should follow him?" Midorima queried.

Akashi narrowed his eyes at the end of the long corridor where Kuroko took an immediate right turn, and where their room is located. "There's something..."He whispered– more like, told himself– for his voice was so quiet as if he meant for the words to only be heard by himself.

Midorima noticed the brief glint on the redhead's eyes. "Oi, Akashi?" He called out, earning him a glare from the latter.

"Yes. By all means, we should follow Tetsuya. I believe–" Akashi uncharacteristically cut off mid-sentence, his frown focused down the sandy, white floors of the long corridor, as if an invisible small speck of black was staining the perfect grounds.

This, of course, didn't go unnoticed by the four princes with him. They all turned towards the heterochromatic prince with a look of pure bafflement plastered on their juvenile faces.

"Oi, Aka–" Midorima was about to call out Akashi's name for a second time, when the red-haired prince finally returned his gaze to the presence of his companions.

"It's nothing. I believe we should go," Akashi declared, his face reverting back to normal, but his mind is still pondering over something. "And you better prepare yourself, Ryouta." Despite his conflicted thoughts, however, he still managed to lay out a command– an open threat– to the blonde prince.

Kise wondered if the reason for his goosebumps was his own stupidity or whether it is fear for the heterochromatic prince's dreadful ultimatum. Or maybe, it was both...

Definitely, it was both.

––––––––––

Trudging in rhythm down the long corridors, turning an immediate right after reaching the far end, Kuroko Tetsuya blankly stared ahead, his mind still processing the way he acted.

Why? He asked himself.

There was a bleak feeling forming inside of his chest and he didn't like it one bit.