The Final Rage

“I’ve always had a temper….” Michael chuckled softly into the microphone, “but that was the last time I let it out on Gavin, my poor, sweet Gavin.” He broke the last word with a soft cry. The people in the audience softly cried and some kept a poker face as Michael spoke about his lover as he glanced down at him in his small, chestnut coloured box on the alter.

It had been four days since the accident.

Four days since he told Michael he loved him and he didn’t say it back.

Four days since Gavin died.

    “The hardest thing about this is; I was so angry, I don’t even remember what we were arguing about. I don’t even think it was a fight more or less I lost my damn temper!” He held back a sob back as he continued his speech. “Gavin would always laugh my rage off, with his bubbly personality. I pushed him too far this time and now we are all grieving. It’s all my fault.”

      ***

      It was just a normal day in the RoosterTeeth office. In the Achievement Hunters’ cramped room, Ray and Jack were recording another VS. episode. Michael and Gavin, the hottest couple in the office had been dating for over three years already. It was obvious that they loved each other.

“GOD DAMNIT, GAVIN!” Michael yelled. It boomed through the room and Gavin’s laughter soon took its place. “Gavin!! Stop it!” Michael yelled at his screen while he and his boyfriend were playing each other in their usual daily video game. Michael would always yell at Gavin and Gavin would simply shake it off and laugh. They ended the fight with a long, loud kiss which left the other guys yelling, ‘Get a room!’

This was different though. Back at their apartment, Michael started yelling at his love. Gavin, being the sensitive lad he is, Michael’s tantrum became too serious that time. Michael might have had one too many beers and didn’t realise what he was yelling.

Gavin sunk into a chair in the living room to let Michael calm down, like he always did; but this time he wasn’t calming down. Gavin looked at his partner who had a face like he was gonna kill someone.

“Michael,” his thick Oxford accent rang out, “you need to calm down, babes. You’re starting to scare me…” Gavin said sinking deeper into the chair.

“You never do anything for me in this relationship!” Michael screamed causing Gavin to have a hurt, confused look on his face.

“Wha…?”

  “You fucking heard me you prick! All I ever do is care for you! I wake you up for work, make you breakfast, drive you to work IN ‘OUR’ CAR! Ha! That’s a joke! I paid for it AND fill it with gas! I’m like your fucking baby sitter!” Michael’s fair face was now red with anger and rage.

Gavin’s heart was broken, how could the love of his life say this to him. They had defeated all odds and have spent 3 years as a couple and now he’s being yelled at because Michael was drunk. He started to shake with fear and pain. Water filled his eyes as he watched Michael break the painting Gavin made on their 1st anniversary. It was a creeper holding a diamond; their trademarks. Michael started to tear up when he opened it on their anniversary, but now he was whipping it to shreds.  Gavin opened his mouth to say something but quickly shut it because he thought it would just mess things up more.

Gavin got up out of chair with tears streaming down his face. He walked slowly over to him and held Michael’s face still as he shut his eyes tightly and firmly planted a kiss on Michael’s lips for the last time. “I’m so sorry, Michael.” He started to walk to the door. Michael’s shoulders relaxed a little as he watched Gavin walk, not knowing he chased him away.