Chapter 16: Hushabye Baby

Shoot. Miss. Shoot. The glass breaks. Shoot. Another miss.
Bill sighs, lowering the slingshot. He had missed 7 of the cans and bottles.
"What are we going to do?!" I groan. So far, most of us have done horrible. Richie pats bill's pack.
"Well Big Bill, you better think of something because right now you're in the lead with a pathetic 3 out of 10," he says. Bill rolls his eyes.
"Shut up Richie," he scolds.
"Did you know you don't always stutter?" Richie asks, but Bill shakes his head.
"Alright ladies, Miss Jones is up" Richie says.
"Yeah, I'll go I guess...." I say grabbing the sling shot. Taking a deep breath, I raise it beside the side of my head, and pull the shot back, the rock read to launch. Aiming, I close my eyes and let go, expecting it to miss. Crash. Huh? I open my eyes, and see that the glass broke.
"Beginner's luck," Richie jokes.
"K-Keep going," Bill insists looking at me intently. One shot after another, and I break each one.
"Huh, you did it... Guess I don't need to go," Ben shrugs. Although it's cool that I can shoot ten out of ten of these, I'm not itching to be the one to do it. I know Beverly can shoot, she went before Bill. But if I fail, and end up missing the It, we might all die.
"Oh, it doesn't prove a thing! I don't know if I can do it, what if I mess up. I'll get you all killed," I mumble handing the slingshot to Bev.
"You won't, I know y-you c-can do it, Melia. And if not, Bev can do it. W-We'll give you time to think about it," Bill says grabbing my hand and giving me a warm smile. Easing my worry for now, I agree that at the moment, I'll be the one to do it. We have our plan set, silver melted together as our 'bullets,' and what we plan to do to kill it. Everything is set. Now, we just go home and wait...
~~~~~~~~~~~~
The smoke raises from the ground, blocking her view. She drops the flashlight, her hands tremble.
"There's no more hiding Amelia, you're all dead." She screams, a clawed hand grappling onto her waist, a slimy one covering her mouth to stop the screams. Blood starts flooding in from one of the tunnels, slowly rushing over. The blood rushes over her head, she's drowning. It's hard to breath.
Drip..... Drip...... Drip...... Hushabye baby, you'll soon be dead. But don't you worry, your pretty little head. Bill is dead, and Beverly too. Ben and Eddie, all will meet their doom. Drown in the blood, and try not to cry, sooner or later, all of you will die....
"Amelia! Amelia!"
"Ah!" I shoot up beads of sweat streaming down my face. "Bill?" I'm panting, trying to catch my breath. Boy, what a dream.
"You're bl-beeding Amelia," he says, looking down at the bed. I look down, my eyes widening. There's a puddle of blood underneath me, the sheets are stained red, along with my pajama pants. The rain is pattering outside, and the shower is streaming out warm water into the tub. "I s-started a shower for you. My m-muh-mom told me to wake you and s-send you to h-her right aw-wuh-way. I-I'll get the b-bath ready." Huh...
"Mrs. Denbrough?" His mother stands by the washing machine, pulling out warm towels from the dryer.
"Oh, Amelia, yes, Bill told me about you're incident. Congratulations, you've started your menstrual period." I've what?! Oh god, of all nights. No wonder I had the bloody dream.
"Here's a new pair of pajamas, some underwear, and some pads are on the counter in the bathroom. Bill drew a bath for you as well, so you can wash up." She kisses my forehead and pats my cheek. "I'll change the sheets. Don't worry dear, these things happen."
Ugh, but why tonight? As she changes the sheets, Bill helps me bathe and wraps me in warm towels, then helps me change.
He cuddles me in the warm sheets and whispers soothing things into my ear, and proceeds to kiss all over my face, and my lips. Although I feel better (despite the cramps and the flow), I'm still overcome with fear about tomorrow. What if that dream means something. What if we die? Bill says he won't let it happen, but still, how can someone prevent death?
"Amelia?"
"Yeah?"
"'Till death do us part?" Tummy flop.
"...... Till death do us part....." Hopefully, that doesn't come sooner than we hope.
~~~~~~~
A/N: HIII! I haven't updated in forever but I managed to find time to update :) ik it's weird that she got her period when the kids are supposed to be like in 5th grade lolol but when I was in fifth grade I got mine so.... Anyway, I'm glad to say that part one of this story is almost over :)))) as soon as this part finishes, it will go onto part two, which is just about what happens to Amelia and Bill as time goes on. So, I hope you guys will enjoy it! And please check out the intro to my new Joaquin phoenix fanfic! :) oh, and btw, for the 'hushabye baby' part, you should probably read it in the tone of the lullaby 'rockabye baby' bc then it makes more sense. Lol kinda creepy sorry :/ but yeah enjoy the chapter, I'll try to update again later on this week, bye babes💓
~Melissa