Chapter 1

CAST:
Varun Dhawan as Karan Sharma
Alia Bhatt as Sonali Kapoor
Sonam Kapoor as Sohaya Sethi
Arunoday Singh as Rahul Kapoor
Ileana D'Cruz as Ashna Sharma
Shahid Kapoor as Rayaan Kapoor

Karan's POV

I hopped off the train at New Delhi station and wiped the sweat off my forehead. It was a sunny day and I had finally reached after a 6 hour long journey from Mumbai.
My parents lived in Delhi and I had come to meet them, leaving behind my work in London and girlfriend in Mumbai.
I looked around for my family and finally saw my dad standing with my servant Chhotu behind him. I showed a big smile on my face and walked to my dad; carrying my little suitcase with me. I embraced my dad in a manly hug and handed the suitcase to Chhotu.
"Karan! How've you been?!" Dad asked and I nodded indicating that I'm great.

"Namaste Bhaiya" Chhotu said. "Namaste Chhotu kaisa hai?" I asked and kept my hand on his shoulder.
"Let's head home now, beta. The ladies might be waiting" dad said and walked out of the car.

After a long hour in Delhi traffic, I reached my dad's house and greeted the guard. As I walked inside, my mother came literally running towards me with my sister following her. I opened my arms wide enough for both of them to fit in and well they did. After a long time of emotional family drama, I was finally allowed to go to my old room and have a bath.

I walked up the stairs and kicked the door open to my room. It had been a long time since I went in the last, almost four years. I eyed the portrait of myself hung above my bed and the posters of my favourite singers and rock bands. I smiled as I looked at my study table, which contained everything except books.

I entered my bathroom and went under the shower. I sighed under the hot shower and remembered my girlfriend Sohaya. 

                        FLASHBACK
"Sohaya Sharma; you're one of the most beautiful girl I've seen and I fell in love with you the day I saw you which was exactly two years ago. I swear to keep you happy and love you always. Will you go out with me?
                *FLASHBACK ENDS*

That was the worst day of my life. I didn't understand the meaning of love. I thought I was in love with Sohaya, though I failed to understand that it was just attraction. These eight months of dating Sohaya made me realise what a big mistake it was. I just don't have the heart to break up with her. I fail every time I try.
I hope I get the courage someday.