Unmistaken Memories

I've never been a people person. I just can't seem to get along with them. Now, don't get me wrong, but there are few people I really like. You see, I'm different then most kids. I don't know why.. Or how.. But all I know is I just am. It's quite strange to think about, so I try not to.

I open the door of the book store I just left. It's getting dark, I need to be headed home or my parents will freak. The night calms me from my thoughts. All of this school work has been so tiring. Only two years left I keep telling myself.. I can't wait.

I nearly have a mini heart attack. I heard a branch break in the woods I'm walking beside. Kinda creeped out, I tell myself it's only a raccoon and keep walking. There it goes again. I quicken my pace a little, and soon after I begin to hear footsteps on the sidewalk, that aren't mine.

I turn behind to see someone with a dark clock on. I start walking even faster, and so do they. I'm not sure what to do, or who this is. Is it a prank? I wasn't sticking around to find out.

I break out in a run, trying to get away from whoever it was as quickly as possible. I manage to make it around the block without tripping, thank god. I was never good at keeping myself straight up. Maybe that's why I'm not doing so hot in gym..

I turn my head to look behind me to see if the person was following me, he wasn't. I came to a stop. Who was that? What did he want with me? Of all people.. Me?

I turn around to start my way home again. My eyes widened, and I managed to let out a soft gasp. He was standing right there.

I froze. Eyes wide open, mouth hanging to the floor. I could see that it was clearly a man, dark brown hair covering his eyebrows. That's all I could tell because of the lighting.

He half smiled.

And before I knew it, he was running towards me, not at human speed. I turned to try and get away, but by that time I felt a thump against my chest. I was in his arms. We were going crazy fast.

I managed to see over his shoulder. My legs were around his waist, and our stomachs were touching. My head was spinning. We were moving so fast. But where were we going? What's even happening right now? My grip around him was so tight. It felt to me as if I was clinging for my life. Which I kinda was.

We made a sudden stop. And then, I notice my grip came loose, and I was falling to the ground.

I blacked out.

When I woke up, I was dizzy. I started to panic a little. I didn't know where I was. I grunted as I sat up.

Holding my hand to my head, I tried to stand up. I wanted to figure out where i was. maybe i was home?

My legs were weak, so I started falling. But, someone caught me mid fall.

He put me back on the bed and sat beside me.

"You've awaken."

His voice was deep, but the attractive deep.

I managed to rub my eyes out of the blur, and looked at him.

It was him. The one who was running after me on my way home. He could tell I was stunned, and that I recognized him.

"No need to be frightened, Aubrey." He had a concerned look on his face.

"How.. How do you know my name?" I managed to stutter out.

"I've been.. Observing you for quite some time now."

I needed time to collect my thoughts. Who was he? And observing me? Am I like a test subject now?

"Who are you?" I asked, in a tired tone.

"My name is Alexander. But I prefer Alex." He did that cute half smile again.