#heartbreaker

"Love you, goodbye." A/N ;) I said to my boyfriend, giving him a quick peck on the lips. "Just give this a chonce, if it doesn't work I'll come back, but this could be the start of my career." I smiled at him, grabbing my luggage from the trunk of his small silver toyota. I really hated his car. It was given to him by his mother, who was given it by her father, and so forth. In other words, it was hella old.

The airport was packed with busy people, everywhere i looked I saw a sea of color. Not different colored people(although there were lots of different races(duh)) I mean different colored clothes, there were bright reds and blues and yellows and so on. I probably looked the same as everyone else. I had on a light blue top that I had bunched up in the front and secured with a pony-tail holder. I matched that with black skinny jeans that had holes in the knees and my black adidas. My hair was in a messy bun, and when I say messy, I mean hair-all-over-the-place messy. Lookin' like this I'm surprised I even had a boyfriend.

"Emma, I mean it, why can't you just stay with me?"  He desperately asked, taking my hand in his.

"Connor, at the end of the day, It all boils down to this." I stare at him, emotionless, " this is what I want to do for the rest of my life, this job internship could be the beginning of my dream come true." I shut the trunk and grab my phone from my pocket, checking the time. 7:30am, my phone read. My flight was at 8:00 so I had to hurry. I gave Connor a quick hug and started strolling towards the airport building, dragging my luggage along with me.

Suddenly I felt someone grab my hand. I twirled around to face Connor. " What is it?" I asked, looking down at my luggage to make sure i didn't forget anything. I didn't.

"Don't go."
"I gotta."
"You don't have to."
"I want to."

"Please." I checked my phone again. 7:40. I get that Connor didn't want me to go, but this was highkey annoying. I had a flight to catch, I can't deal with this right now.

"Bye, Connor." I say, walking into the building. #heartbreaker.

As soon as my flight is called I hurry into the plane, taking my checked luggage and stuffing it in the storage slots.
••

"Hi, my name is Tracy Mott, I'll be your flight attendant today." Tracy says smiling into the microphone. " welcome aboard, we should be landing in Portland, Orgeon in about sixteen hours." She then turned the microphone off after smiling once more. Then disappeared into a room for staff only.

I had a window seat, which I absolutely dreaded because i had a habit of scaring myself by looking out of the window and imagining the worst scenarios.

I looked away from the window and pulled down my shade, then grabbed my phone and plugged my headphones in. The melody coming through the headphones calmed my nerves and let me drown out the rest of the world as I closed my eyes and began to sleep.

I wasn't sure how long I had been sleeping, but I woke up to the sound of snoring. I looked to my left only to see a big, chummy looking guy. He had drool coming out of the corners of his mouth and a bowl of unfinished pudding on his tray. I scooted farther away from him, turning my music up louder and falling back into slumber.

The next time I woke up, it was because of the flight attendant. She lightly tapped my shoulder and asked if I would like some of whatever she was serving. (Which to be totally honest, looked so mangled I couldn't tell what it was) I politely declined and began to watch whatever b-rated movie was playing on the small tv in front of me. The plot of the movie was honestly ok, but reason behind the b-rating was obvious. The acting was watered-down, and the plot wasn't well thought out.

The movie soon came to an end as did my flight. We landed late at night, I could barely see out of my window.

I got up from my seat and grabbed my lugguge from its cubby. I took my ear buds out and rolled them up, then stashed them and my phone in my pocket. Letting out a sigh, I walked off of the plane, and onto the sidewalk outside of the airport. Squinting my eyes, I began searching for a taxi, when I finally saw one, I waved the driver over and got in.