Chapter 1

Okay first off, my whole life so far has been complete madness. Nothing good ever happens to me. I mean I'm not complaining or anything but nothing has ever been great.

Ever since I was a little girl I wished a upon a shooting star because I thought that one day whenever I'm in the worst of times..it might actually come true. Don't get me wrong. I know it's stupid but it's what I believe and I don't think anyone could take at least that away from me.

I live in California where people think that it's the perfect place to be. But honestly, it's not. The beaches are dirty and the restaurants here are unsanitary. When you're here for the first time, the weather must be really hot, but you get used to it.

Truth is, I only have one friend -best friend really. Her name is Nomedi and she's been through everything with me. We've both been in the same school since grade school. And I don't really like her anymore. But without her I would be lost in my own world with my own thoughts.

"Liz what are you doing " said Nomedi. "The bell rang school's over. You want to grab a drink from the café? I got something to tell you."

Man won't she ever leave me alone? Just go. She won't ruin your life with what she says

Boy was I wrong. What she said then flipped my whole word upside down