Chapter 3

We started walking toward the park, and she didn't seem too happy about it. I was nervous. If I said one wrong word, she would hate me forever.

I stumbled to sit on the chunk of wood above the tree. I tripped, and Nomedi grabbed me before I fell 9 feet to the ground.

Should I really tell her? I mean without her I have no social life and no reason to actually go to school.

"Thanks," I groaned.
"No problem," She shrugged as she took a sip of her drink.
"You know,  I really don't know where I'd be without you" I said half-lying.
"Mhm. I know. Now let's get to the point."
"Okay please don't overreact on anything okay? I really think that y-you've changed. Not in a bad way or anything, but I just think that you don't really care about me anymore."
"Liz..."
"No you said it a million times. I know it's not because your busy, you just don't act the same around me anymore" I slammed my hand on the tree.
"Shut your filthy mouth up right now. You HAVE NEVER  been my real best friend and you NEVER WILL," yelled Nomedi.

It was all happening so fast I didn't know that I actually did it. I threw my fist at her face creating a deep cut on her cheek. Blood dripped down fast her face as if she was crying. I looked at my shaking hand and wondered if all the years of pain just happened to control my body.

"I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU ELIZABETH" screamed Nomedi
"I DON'T CARE" I screamed back.

I was filling with regret as I suddenly realized that I actually hit my best friend.

Who are you? What have you done? You're a MONSTER. You're changing and nobody will like you.

Nomedi climbed down the trunk of the tree as fast as she could. She fell and limped her way to her house. All I could've done was just watch. The whole neighborhood was staring at her and gasping as if someone got murdered.

I heard strange voices while the wind was swirling. Everything was getting darker. The last thing I remembered was that I saw a white, ghost-like figure coming at me.I fell to the ground, confused,
and knocked out unconscious.