Chapter One

Chapter Title: New Kid On Campus

Date: September 12th, 10:30 P.M.

"Can you get me another drink?"

"Of course, doll."

To be honest, Lauren had been waiting for a reason to leave the young blonde's presence for quite some time now. Sure, the young girl with her was without a doubt beautiful; she had long, golden locks, ocean blue eyes, and a petite, yet appealing, figure. However, she was nothing new and extraordinary to Lauren. More than half of the college girls Lauren had been with were of similar psychical characteristics, and frankly, even of similar personalities.

They were all the same.

They usually came from a small town, where nothing ever happens. They move out at the first chance they get, moving away to college is usually the first chance everyone gets. Ending up in a big place such as a campus all on their own, they're suddenly overwhelmed with freedom, hitting them like a bolt of electricity. They're free; for once in their life they're free, and they go absolutely mad. They start partying, drinking, doing recreational drugs for the first time, and finally, come to Lauren to check off their "experimented once in college with another girl" card.

It was no secret that Lauren was best known on campus for her history with girl on girl affairs; sadly, that was the only thing she was known for. So it was not uncommon to see someone make their way through a crowd just to get next to the green eyed girl to see if she was really as attractive as everyone said, or someone "casually" bumping into her in the halls just so they would have an excuse to strike up a conversation with her.

Lauren didn't mind though, she liked the company. A warm body next to hers at night seemed to keep her from going insane. However, it was starting to get tiring. It used to be fun for Lauren, it used to thrill her, the challenge. It was a fun game she liked to play, seeing how long it could take her to seduce a girl go the point that they'd do whatever she wanted them to. Apparently this is what happens when you get too good at the game though, people start coming to you and there's no longer a need for the chase. There's no longer a chase.

The same conversations, the same personalities, and the same "one night only"s day after day. With no thrill, it's become more of a routine rather than a game, and Lauren was especially tired of it tonight.

Lauren rose from the old, tattered, cream couch (one you could obviously tell belonged to a rowdy college student who cared only about partying due to the amount of alcoholic stains), and took the red solo cup from the blonde's hands. The younger girl remained on the couch, looking up at Lauren she gave a warm smile as a form of "thanks." Lauren returned the smile, though both of them smiled for different reasons. Right now, this girl was probably thinking she was making progress with Lauren, that Lauren gladly getting her a drink was a representation of how things were going to go for the rest of the night. But on the contrary, Lauren just wanted to get away, to be able to have a conversation with someone that wouldn't consist of Lauren having to fake being interested in hearing about someone's ex for two hours.

No wonder she wanted to get with Lauren, she was lonely and badly in need of a rebound to get over the, quote-on-quote, "only man who ever cared for me" as she said (also the man who "cheated on me with half of the senior class," but I guess he sure cared about her, right?). Lauren took the girl's red solo cup and started to head into the crowd that surrounded them, only to get pulled back with a yank of the arm after making it a couple of feet into the crowd.

She turned around to see a tipsy Dinah nearly dropping her empty solo cup as she lurched forward, getting a better grip on Lauren's pale forearm, and yanking her once again, forcing her closer. Lauren smacked Dinah's hand away and proceeded to rub the place on her arm where her grip had been. Dinah had had a few too many drinks to be able to realize that she had actually hurt Lauren on accident pulling her that hard.