Chapter 1

The soft constant binging comes from the speaker on the ceiling. My eyes flicker from the bright light illuminating across the room. I turn over on my cot trying to grasp a couple more seconds of rest before the speaker becomes louder.

24601, please awake and begin your daily routine.

Slowly, I stand up from my cot and head to my small simple drawer. I open the first drawer which holds neatly folded gray and white clothes. Changing out of my sleep clothes (Gray shorts and a white long sleeve shirt), I pick out my daily clothes (Gray leggings, a white tank top, and hair put neatly into a bun).

5 minutes until testing ... 5 minutes until testing

The speaker beeps finalizing it's announcement and I press the button next to my door causing it to open. Some of the holdings have already left their rooms and most are leaving the same time as I am. Following them down the hallway, the guards eye us as we pass by.

The dining hall is bare, only long tables with stools and a line of packages all containing the same meal on a row of tables. 3 white walls with one light gray, and a splash of baby boy blue on the stools, being the most appealing sight in the room.

I grab a package and find a seat to eat as quickly as I can. Once you finish your food you go to the waiting room to have your daily testing, the quicker it's over the better. I open up the container and eat my nutrient bar and drink my water quickly. Heading towards the door the room is already starting to become very full. Taking a seat on one of the benches I count all of the people in the room. 23. My Anklet lights up giving a single to the specialists that I've entered and will be the 24th patient.

1 hour passes by, and my anklet beeps twice, signalling that I was next. The guards open the door and 5 specialists are waiting for me around a table.

"Welcome, 24601."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo that was really short but I just wanted to hurry and get the first chapter out. Any suggestions would be awesome! Thanks for reading.

BTW hope someone gets the reference I put in here :-)