The Beginning and The End

Stars are twinkling. Billions of them. The grass is mossy and alive. Blink. It's green too. The sky is dark, almost black but I know it's blue, just dark. very dark. There's a owl making a sound in the background, but that's not my main focus. Blink. Him, he's my main focus.

Breath.

Everything is spinning. Blink. He's laying next to my body. We're laying on a checkered blanket, It's black, green, and purple. It's scruffy, hard too. Blink.  I don't pay attention to the traffic that is heard in the distance.

Breath.

His lips are moving, but I don't understand it, at least not right now. I'm fast, but I'm not that fast. Blink. He starts to lean in, almost like he's going to whisper something in my ear. "Do-" the words start to register now.

Blink. Breath.

"-you-" his lips are moving again, but once again I am stuck in time. I can't seem to decipher how his lips move. Blink. How his eyes drift down to my lips. Blink. How his breathing seems to become deeper as his words go on.

Breath.

The light from the city is starting to register now.  Blink.  We're on top of a hill.  No, not a hill, a mountain.  The city is almost at a birds eye view. 

Breath.

By the time his face reached mine, he was barely whispering.  Blink.  He didn't need to finish his sentence.  I didn't need to listen to him to understand what he was saying.  Blink.  I had already decided,  before he even asked.  I had decided months ago. 

Breath.

When he began to wrap his arms around my torso instinct took over my body, and I almost pushed him away.  Blink.  My guard had began to go up.  But then the realization that is was him and let him grasp me, as I did him. "-love-"

Breath.

I'm half way.  I can feel it.  I start to register everything around me.  Blink.  The way the air is blowing against my Rose cheekbones.  How the owl had just stopped.  Did the owl just stop?  Maybe it was a little bit ago.  Blink.  I don't know. 

Breath

"-Me-" my world stopped.  What did I do?  How do I react?  Blink.  Millions of things are running through my mind.  Blink.  Yes.  No.  Why?  Blink. What is he about to ask?  Love?  Blink.  Honestly?  Why love.  Blink.  Why now.  Don't forget to breath.

Breath.

He wouldn't ask that.  Not now.  Not here.  Why now?  Why here?  Blink.  Realization deems on me.  I was in shock for a millisecond or two.  But I eventually snapped out of it.  Blink.  Gotta keep my head out of the clouds.  At least for a little bit longer.  His lips stop moving.

Breath.

"-too?"  Code red.  I repeat CODE RED.  Blink. He said love.  What do I do?  How do I do?  How.  Yes?  No. Why. Yes. Why?  Blink.  I don't deserve this. Yes. Yes. Yes. YesBlink.  I love him.  Why am I even questioning myself?  Yes.

Breath.

I feel my eyes squint as my mouth stretches and the word tumbles out on their own accord,

     "Yes."

Breath.

And for a moment, maybe a millisecond, Everything was perfect.