Nov/dec Issue 2015 Per 4

Hi guys! Welcome all O-siders!!! I felt like it'd be kinda bad making you guys wait on what you wanted the answers to and only answering 5 would be even worse, so here you go~! I'm going to try to get every advice request/question I get done within a week, but keep it in mind that I go to your school and I am a higher grade level than you with piles of homework and AP classes. So give me sometime! <3 Alexandria.

*All questions are in random order, sorry for the search for your own.*

Per 4

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This first person had two questions.

Q: How do you get better at writing?

Well, even though I've written a couple of books I don't even know all of the literature rules do's and dont's. What I do myself is basically search up on the internet/thesaurus a word to replace my own baby language in my writing. Write notes on your own paper in a colored pen that'll catch your eye. Commas help with run-on sentences. And when you're done with your first draft it's pretty good to write a second one and change few things you wrote the first time. Act like you're the teacher.

Q2: How can you concentrate in Biology class?

I haven't yet had biology, but it sounds sort of fun to me. Must be boring to you or maybe too many friends in one class, or those notifications on your phone. You don't want to fail this class. Simply make sure your phones off. When your friends talking don't be afraid to "shush" them, it's worth it. Take notes if the problems only focusing in class. If the homework is the part you can't focus with make your homework fun by turning on some music in your room, close the door and sing along when you're doing your homework. That's what I have to do to pass AP World History. Haha.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q4: Should I continue being in a relationship with a guy who goes to our rivalry school or should I go on my own way and be single? ( Here at school I get constant questions of "Will you go out with me?" or "Will you be my girlfriend?" )

- Thank you!

Well, first of all if you're not committed to a relationship you shouldn't lead someone on in it. It'll only hurt you both harder in the end. If you're really committed, but just being tempted and he's a great guy then stick with it. Sometimes you just need to forget about the sentence the other guys are asking and ask yourself who's gonna treat me better.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q6: Advice on talking to people without feeling awkward.

Well what's making you feel this weirdness around people? Are you afraid they won't like you? Well here's a tip....I WONT MATTER! It takes self acceptance. Just be yourself, what someone thinks of you won't matter next week, ever. Trust me you're going to regret not being yourself and going out there and talking with others. They probably feel the exact same way. Try walking up to someone who's by them self and saying Hey! Make conversation! How're you? Wanna hangout?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q7: Advice about having an argument with your family.