Falling Skies

[AN; this is kinda like an introduction to the character. I'll actually probably start putting the actual story in the next chapter.]

Ashley was 17 when it happened. When the aliens came to Earth that is. She joined the 2nd Mass along side Tom Mason, a former history professor, and his sons, Hal, Ben, and Matt. Karen, Hal's girlfriend, was her best friend since the 3rd grade. Until she was harnessed. It impacted her and Hal the most. 

"You think you're the only one that misses Karen?" Ashley yelled at Hal one night. "She was basically my sister! How the hell do you think I feel?!" Hal simply blinked and kept his eyes on the ground.

Ashley was tough, but Karen was all she had. Her mother had died a few years back and she would constantly self harm. Karen was the only one who knew and basically cared. Her father had gotten himself killed when the skitters arrived. Blown to bits by a mech. Right in front of her. 

Captain Weaver was a bit of a father figure to her, but he was still looking for his family. Maggie was beginning to become a friend of hers also. When Ben was harnessed it took another toll on Hal along with Tom. Ashley attempted to comfort Hal, but she felt like she was wasting her breath every time she tried.

Ashley had also started a friendship with Pope. He helped her with guns, how to kill skitters, and how to get the hell out of there if need be. She stayed at the school most of the time to help Dr. Anne Glass, but wanted to be ready if they needed some help. 

At night she would have nightmares and would constantly hear the humming of the mechs in her ears while on patrol. Ashley became extremely tense while walking around with a gun in her hand. This wasn't what she was supposed to be doing. She was supposed to be in a boring class right now dosing off. Instead she's walking around keeping an eye out for skitters. Aliens. Could this possibly get any weirder?