The Goodbye

I sigh heavily while entering the building. Another world meeting I have to attend too, and that isn't the world part of it. The worst part is that this month it is being held in Paris, and all those memories with him I'm desperately trying to forget is coming back to me. 'Please, don't have me sitting next to him anything but that', I thought to myself. I hoped that kiku, or Antony sit next to me, heck I wouldn't mind Ivan sitting next to me either just as long as it wasn't Francois.

"England-san, may I speak with you?" A kind gentle voice could be heard from behind me as I turn around to face Japan. Japan is one of the few people who France and I told about our marriage and living together, since it could have caused a problem with other allies we didn't tell anyone, but those we trusted the most with our love life. Kiku also know that Francois doesn't remember anything, and has tried to help me get France to remember as well as tried to help me move on.

"Eh? What would you like to speak with me about, Nihon?" (Nihon is how you say Japan in Japanese). I replied to him with a slight smile on my face to reassure him that I'm doing just fine even though it is a lie. 

"It about Francois. How has he been doing so far? Any progress? How have you been doing all this time?" Kiku asked in a worried tone. I could tell how worry Japan is, he can worry a bit too much though and that isn't good for his health, really Japan you make me worry about you as you worry for me. Unfortunately, there has been zero progress on Francois' memories, and at this point, I don't care anymore. It seems that France has gotten quite close to my brother, Scotland. I see them always together and having a great time. It breaks my heart to see him with someone else, but as long as he's happy I suppose I don't mind, and plus it's with my brother which make me feel a bit relief about it.

"No progress so far. He seems to be very happy with my brother, so I guess I'm happy for that." I looked at Japan with a deeply hurt, saddened face as I tell him, "I've decided Japan, I'm no longer going to wait for him, I'm going to start to move on", my voice started to break around the end of what I said as I try to hold in the tears. I had prayed every night that the Lord would take away those memories, but it seems He refused and this is my punishment for all those years of ignoring Him.

I sigh lightly as the meeting is finally over, and I rushed over to the door only to get stop by France. I still couldn't bring myself to look at him in the eyes, so I focused on looking at his beard which wasn't a good idea. "Angleterre, why don't we go to the pub?" He asked, normally after the meeting France and I would always go and get drunk, but this time I can't not, at least not with him.

"No, I can't this time, sorry", I said to him while walking away. I was so glad no one left before me or the fact my car was up close to the entrance because I would be so embarrassed if someone saw me crying. I couldn't hold it back anymore and just cried my eyes out after leaving him like that.

"This is goodbye, my love."