Prologue

Many millions of years ago, life had begun to bloom upon a planet known as Earth. Once a savage and primitive land, Earth was once ruled by the dinosaurs as well as my ancestors: dragons. 2 different types of dragons had existed, those that swam and those that flew, but both had derived from the same being, Perfius, the god of all dragons. A sentient being, Perfius had created the species of dragon which thrived as one of the most powerful species on Earth.

When an asteroid struck the Earth however, my aerial ancestors were wiped out along with the dinosaurs, but my aquatic ancestors survived and evolved for centuries, regaining the power of flight. By the time they could fly again, the age of mammals had come and with it, the age of man. Mankind had wiped out all but Perfius, who realized that this world was not suitable for his kind and so he fleed Earth and sought out a new home.

One day however, he had discovered a world savage and primitive like the Earth my ancestors had once ruled, but far bigger and free of the humans that now ruled the old home. Upon this world, Perfius had created new dragons which tamed the savage lands and had begun to rule. Shining kingdoms were forged and monarchs began to rule for several millions of years. In all that time, I was born, Kavin, the son of Ayden and J'ade, monarchs of the Crystal Dragons.