Until You're Mine

I stop chopping the vegetables, and look up. In front of me was Paula, the head maid of the house. She was not like you would expect her to be, she was a women in her sixties-a sweet, caring, loving, women who was always like a mother to me, a mother that I never had.

There, at the table, doing nothing but reading a magazine was another maid, Melisa. I could not take an hour of being in a same room as her. If you would meet her, you would understand me. She was like a spirit of evil, like a mother to a devil. Well, she’s too young to be a mother. She was only a year older than me, but sometimes she acted like she was an evil step-mother to me.

“Get back to work, you lazy brat,” And here’s what makes me hate her so much! And this was just a quarter of what she would normally say or do.

The door opened after I rolled my eyes at her. Through the door entered Drew and Camilla, the son and daughter of the mistress. Camilla was a blond, Barbie-like girl with long lashes who wore dresses that rarely covered her mid-thigh and heels that were longer than five inches.

Drew was a guy with black hair that fell into his eyes. He was also tall and that made him look even more elegant than he already was. I could not help but admit that he was a very good looking guy.

And me... a tiny sixteen year old maid, with dark brown hair and big brown eyes. I was petite, but that did not stop me from getting my work done!

"Good morning ladies," Mr. Drew said to all of us. Paula, as always, smiled and blushed a bit after he always calls her a 'lady'. I smiled at her. Her cheeks were still a bit red as she continued putting the mixture into the bowls. I laughed at her, making her blush more. She was also very naive.

"Alyssa! More respect for our chiefs!" Melisa's chirpy voice shouted at me and once again, I looked down silently.

Don't get me wrong, I am not afraid of her, it's just not worth it arguing with her. I started into my work again, cooking was something I liked the most about my work. Of course I didn't love my job, but it was an only exception for me. I would love to study and become someone in this world. But with my lifestyle...that would never happen, and I knew it. 

Mr. Drew and Miss. Camilla were sitting by the other table, talking about something I couldn't quite hear, not like I cared. Melisa was the stalker one and she was sitting on the other side with her ears wide opened, listening to their conversation.

"More respect to out chiefs Melissa!" I mimicked her as I served the usual drinks to them. Camilla always drank a hundred percent natural, apple juice; she says that it was the only thing that didn't have calories and fat in it. 

And Drew as always drank coffee with milk. 

"Here you guys, Mr. Drew," I handed the fancy, cup to him and he rolled his eyes at me before saying.

"Alyssa, how many times have I told you to just call me Drew?" He shouted but it was not an angry type of shout, it was one of those playful ones.

He was my favourite child out of all the other ones in the family. There was another two. Grete and Trey. They were both really similar to Drew, kind and polite. 

Camilla was the only one that was stuck up brat. Oh and don't forget Trey's wife, Elisa. She and Camilla were super models at some very famous modelling company. Not to mention that they were on every magazine of the week.

"Alyssa, do you mind changing the drink? This one has too much fat in it," Camilla told me sticking up the glass in my face, the bratty smile on her face.

I took the glass, and rolled my eyes at her as soon as I turned around to walk to the counter to get some juice that was exactly the same.

This juice was free fat, she just made it up, and so she could boss me around. Having to roll my eyes at her per day was a hard task, every night my eyes would shut automatically. 

I was about to pure the drink down the sink, when Melissa's hand grabbed the glass out of my hand and she walked down to the table, with her black heels 'click-clacking' on the marble floor.

She got those for her birthday from Mrs. Lisa Merrick. They were like best-friends. Both evil like devils and definitely were teaming up against me and Paula.

I watched her sit down and get back into the magazine. I looked at Paula who had an angry expression on her face. Really Melissa? You managed to get Paula, out of all people angry! 

"Melissa! Get yourself up here and help Alyssa work, you're a maid as much as both of us," Wow...she even sounded angry. Never in ten years, of working here have I seen Paula so angry. It was like all the hatred she was hiding inside of herself for Melissa suddenly exploded like one of those fireworks that always explode in the sky during New Years, Christmas or Halloweens. 

The door opened once again and the rest of the family entered; Mr Nathan Merrick, Lisa Merrick, Trey Merrick, Elisa Smiths- Merrick and Grete Merrick. 

The whole family of Merrick. The rich, arrogant and intelligent. Just the opposite of me. 

Grete was the nicest of the girls in the house. Drew and Trey were both great, but Drew was closer for me to call a 'friend'. Grete...I could call her a real friend. No one except Drew, Paula and Grete herself knew about our friendship.

If her mom would find out, the friendship would be over before I had blinked. That's what happened the last time I become friends with the Spanish student that was staying here, she was sent home and Mrs Merrick didn’t pay to me for a month.

Yup, that's how Lisa Merrick is...