Stay Now Then Go

Growing up with my parents was never easy & maybe it also can explain why they bothered paying fortunes to get me help when help wasn't what I needed. I needed a drug, a drug that erases all memories I needed to forget which is basically my whole childhood but I also needed somone else & that was Jessica.

-Luke is never going to end up treating you right, can't you just realize that?

-He does treat me right, he just has his moment... I can handle them.

-Those "moments" happen everyday, do you really think those are moments? Because I really don't.

-Look you fucked up, why don't you let him fuck up? You always make things an exception with you but when it comes to others it's not tolerable.

-I didn't fuck up, I just lost my way.

-Lost your way? So you put me through pain, misery, loneliness & heartbreak all because you just "lost your way"?

-I had no intention of hurting you Jess.

-But you did, it's to late now.

-It's never to late.

-People change Jack, I've learned to let you go maybe you should do the same.

Jess has appeared offline

I guess being the way I am never exactly meant being the best person out there, I am indeed stubborn & hard headed & occasionally childish. Althought I am the way I am, I know the limits I'm given & I also know when I'm asking for to much. Sometimes Jess finds me irritating, but that's only because we always get into arguments like these. Truth be told, it kills me to see her hurt... but when you step on a flower you don't think of it's pain yet when someone else steps on a flower you can see the pain through your own eyes.

"Jack, come help mommy put the groceries away." My little sister called to me, I look up at the time on my computer 6:08pm.

"Shit." I muttered, why do I always zone out like this? I shut my laptop closed and ran downstairs, I hate when I always mess up with my mom, I try to do the little things like help her bring the groceries in & I can't even keep up with that. I don't want to end up like my father who does nothing, but so far it seems like I'm following his footsteps & I'm ashamed.

"Hey ma." I half smiled, she looked up at me & gave me a smile in return.

"Hey kiddo, want to go get the bags in the trunk?" She asked, almost out of breath.

"You bet I do." I went down to the garage & noticed a little shadow down the hallway. I picked up the bags & went upstairs, convincing myself I'm only imagining the shadow. As I closed the door all I heard was my name be called, confused I yelled back a cold yeah waiting for a response. 

"Talk to me." The voice demanded, & that's when I remembered who's voice it is. I dropped the grocery bags down to the flood & rushed down strairs.

"There's nothing to talk about Claire." I said, not even believing it myself.

"Oh please, Jack we both know well enough that you're not fooling anyone." She paused. "At least not tonight, go put the bags away & meet me in you're room. You're balcony is still open, right?" She smiled.

"It always is, you know I'm scared of nothing." She rolled her eyes. 

"I love how you never change, now go." I wanted to ask if she was being sarcastic but that would take to much time, maybe I can ask later. I ran up the stairs & brought the bags I left on the floor to the kitchen counter. My mom was already sitting on the couch watching soap operas, she smiled at me.