Diary of a lonely soul

You were just the boy who sat in front of me, during period 5/7 in English class. Our names after one another in the alphabet, there for you sat in front of me. My English teacher kept us in these seat through out the remainder of the year, so i grew to know you.

At first I spoke to you for the main purpose of setting you up with one of my best friends. She obsesed over for months on end. My feelings for you grew slightly day after day. I would look at the back of your neck and count the small, numerous freckles layered on the seemingly smooth skin. They told you that night, before the play... they told you about her feelings for you. 

You messaged me that night and told me how weird you thought the whole thing was. I paniced, and my wall was built. The next week, while in English, you turn around and show me your charming smile. My heart beat quickened in that moment, just like any other time you let your deep brown eyes gaze into mine. 

I was crushed, as you told me that you had a girlfriend. I put a plastic smile on and pretend to be surprised by the declairation. She was crushed, but eventually she moved on. My attentions strayed to another, but my eyes still wandered to you every now and again in that same English period. 

You broke up with her. I felt giddy and my skin tingled and it is now nearing the end of the year. When we happen to face the side of the room, I always lay my head down on the desk, feeling like i am closer to you. My heart skips a beat when you start to move your chair to face that way, gently setting your arm next to my head. We continue on like this for the last few weeks of school and the days wind down. During class I look in your direction and i can always count on you turning your head to look my way. It always makes my day when you do this. 

Now entering summer, I wonder what will happen next year.