How a Cracker Decides Fate

(Rin's POV)

This is the story of how one day changed my life forever.

If you're wondering why, I just happen to be that one girl on school who's really not interested in love. I hate it when people ask me who my crush is, or why I haven't dated anyone. Sometimes, I just want to yell at them that I am a single-cell organism and I reproduce asexually. Actually, that's I always think, until this person just pops in into my life like "Hi, I'll take that heart of yours please, thank you very much".

And that person is Len Kagamine, a teenage boy my age who's just about as handsome as Niall Horan, without a girlfriend. Wow, imagine that. All the other handsome boys are either older than me, taken, or fictional. And he frickin' ripped my heart from my arteries and veins in secret, and decides to play with it.

I have no idea how it happened, but it just did. Like those fine sapphire eyes of his just met with mine, and then my head starts to make those girly fantasies. And the thing is, he knows me. Yes he's aware of my existence. Along with the sea of other girls who'd drool over him.

I still tell people that I'm really not interested in love, but I admit to myself that yes, I'm starting to like-like a boy. Then, this friend of mine, Miku, Hatsune Miku to be exact, reads my mind, and tricks me into telling her everything. How does she do that? I don't know, maybe she secretly attends Hogwarts or something.

But still, I had to thank her. She was one of the reasons why Len and I-

"RIN-CHAN!" Ah, yes. The usual call to get me started on my day.

"Hi, Miku!" I greeted my leek loving best friend who called me earlier. She was panting, probably because she was almost late this morning, and she made a sprint from her house to here.

"Getting your winter scarf already?" she teased, gesturing to my orange scarf.

"What? This is my favorite scarf. And it is pretty cold too," I defended.

Miku pinched my cheek. "You and your hate of cold."

After that, we stayed silent for a moment while we wait for our train to arrive. Until Miku decided to dig through her bag to look for something.

"Rin-chan," she called. "Do you know what day it is today?"

"The day your brother finally gets a girlfriend?" I guessed, referring to Miku's older brother, Mikuo.

"Nah, that's still far ahead I think," then she pulled a certain red box from her bag. "Today is Pocky Day!"

She knew. She really does attend Hogwarts. Help.

"Ah, so you're excited about celebrating it with Shion?" I asked her, trying to not get her to pry about whom I should play with.

"Yes, yes I am!" she squealed. Well, that seems to work. But this happened:

"But I'm more excited to see you play the game with Kagamine!"

I tried to cast my 'you're-irritating-me' look at Miku, but it's really not working since this is Kagamine Len we're talking about. And Miku's saying it out loud in a public train station.

"Miku..." I whispered. "Keep it down, somebody might be listening..."

"Oh right. Sorry Rin..." she lowered her voice. Honestly, I'm starting to think that I'm the only person who gets to hear Miku lowering her voice.

"So, are you going to ask Kagamine to play the Pocky Game with you?" she asked.

"No," yes, yes, yes, I want it so badly, Len come here and fight for the last piece of Pocky against meeeeeeee