Part XXI

Louis smiled at how beautiful he looked, and he unfolded it one last time revealing a trip itinerary from an online travel guide. "your trip to California is all set!" said the headline. Louis dropped the paper and Niall finally looked at him, "Niall...." he said and Niall let out a scream he'd been holding in. "we're going to California!!!!" Niall shouted and Louis jumped on top of him, splashing the pond water onto both of their expensive Armani suits. "are you joking !?" Louis screamed looking down at Niall. "we leave in a week." Niall said grabbing Louis waist, the smile not fading from his lips. Louis jumped up and started screaming "OH MY GOD" over and over, bouncing up and down like a little bunny. Niall just laid back with his hands behind his head smiling at his beautiful adorable boyfriend. Louis had always wanted to go to America. he'd only been once but it was when he was 4, so he didn't really remember it. this was a dream come true, and Niall was all too excited to share it with Louis, knowing just how much he wanted to go. Niall had been to America millions of times, and really didn't see all the hype that Louis was always buzzing about, but he was happy to make his boy happy. "I've got to tell mum & Dan!!!" Louis ran off as fast as he could, Niall turned and shouted, "I already did!!!" but he was gone. Niall laid back on the grass and closed his eyes, enjoying the new summer heat. sweat was starting to gather above his eyes and under his arms, and he thought he would go chase Louis down and talk to Jay and Dan as well. he mingled his way through the crowd, shaking hands and giving hugs to random people, some he'd not seen in years, some he saw yesterday at graduation. when Niall finally caught up with him, and Louis looked into NIALLS eyes. he couldn't quite read them, but he knew it was something serious. "Niall," he started but then turned to Jay and Dan. "mum. Dan. I want to tell you something," Niall looked quickly back at Louis, his heart starting to race. when Louis got nervous, his neck would turn red, as it was right now, so Niall could tell he was shaking apart,too. "Louis..." Niall whispered. Louis grabbed his hand, "Niall and I are in a relationship." Niall could feel Louis hand trembling, and he squeezed it trying to calm him down. Niall shut his eyes and breathed out as Louis stared at his parents waiting for some sort of reaction. he knew they wouldn't reject it like NIALLS parents, but he was scared that they would judge them or no longer like Niall like they did. "darling that's no big reveal." Jay said laughing, and Niall opened his eyes and loosened his tight grip on Louis' hand. "what ?" "we've known that since you first started bringing him around. no one looks at their best friend that way," Dan said laughing and putting his champagne flute to his lips. "we're proud of you for telling us, Lou, but it's no surprise. and you're a lovely couple." she said hugging them both at the same time. "we're certain your sisters know." Louis smiled knowing lottie was well aware, but unsure about little Fiz. "we're happy for you. we are." Jay said kissing them both on the cheek, "enough drama, go enjoy your party !" she said spinning them around and pushing them towards the crowd. suddenly, it was like Louis didn't care what anybody thought, and he laced his fingers through NIALLS, walking through the crowd, getting a few odd looks, but mostly smiles. the crowd of guests had mostly faded, leaving only all of Louis sisters, his parents, and of course, the help. niall's staff was busy at work, buzzing about the house and lawn cleaning up, Niall and Louis puttsing about, helping a little bit here and there. Louis sisters were chasing each other outside while jay and Dan were shouting at them to stop running before they fell. when Niall was certain his small amount of cleaning was sufficient, he plopped onto the couch. Louis looked around raising an eyebrow; the house was still a travesty, but Niall just waved his hand as to say, "they'll clean it." Louis looked out into the lawn seeing his family totally distracted. he sat down next to niall and finally kissed him warmly, as he'd been craving to do all day. the first second he saw Niall today, he had to contain his composure and ignore the burning behind his eyes to fucking tackle him and rip his suit off. he couldn't believe how good he looked--Louis almost in pain from how sexy he looked. Niall pulled back and laid his head on the back of the couch, finally taking off his grad cap and setting it in his lap with a smile. "what are you thinking about ?" Louis said as he copied his motions, and laid a hand on niall's knee. "just picturing what it've been like had I not seen you watching me playing football that day." Louis looked at his lap and smiled. "don't know why I was watching you..." he said quietly and Niall smiled, "maybe we'd have never had to courage to have spoken..I'm glad you did." "yeah but then I saw you watching me....outside of class..." Louis said so slowly, closing his eyes and smiling, leaning back on the couch again.