The Sadness

Hey guys, I feel like this chapter is really shitty so sorry in advance, hope you like it anyways.

Also debating on whether to have Niam, Ziam, or Ziall. 

So vote with comments!

Ziam

Niam

Ziall

~~~~~ enjoy

It was a month into summer break and Louis had officially been a resident of Holmes Chapel for one month.

He and Harry had been in the meadow everyday just enjoying each other's company.

Much like today, Louis lays in the grass, basking in the sunlight, while Harry's wolf head rested on his stomach.

"A month until I start school." Louis says, more to himself, but Harry heard loud and clear.

Louis still dreaded the date approaching, he really would, if given the choice, live in the forest with Harry for the rest of his life. He heaves a sigh and feels himself sink further into the soft grass under him.

Harry will be attending the same school Louis will be starting in the fall. He feels kind of bad that Louis is upset, but hopefully that'll change when he see's him. Harry has also decided that he'll wait until the school year to tell Louis about his kind. A cruel surprise he supposes.

Harry notices the sun setting, Louis' mother must be worrying for him.

Harry lifts his head from Louis' stomach and gets up on all fours. Then he nudges Louis' side with his nose.

Louis peeks open his eyes and looks to Harry.

"What?"

Harry continues to nudge his side until he stands then Harry lays on his stomach again while swinging his head over his shoulder.

"You want me to get on your back?" Louis asks.

Harry lets out a huff of agreement. Louis looks at him hesitantly, but walks over to climb onto Harry's back, straddling him and securely threading his fingers through the dark brown fur at Harry's neck. Louis jostles as Harry stands up causing his grip to tighten as he lets out a squeak.

Harry ready's himself to run, shaking his legs and head. Then he bounds off like a bullet, Louis screeches in surprise his grip turning vice. He begins to laugh out loud from the adrenaline and the wind in his face. Harry grins on the inside, happy his mate is happy.

The edge of the forest comes quick and Harry slows his running to a jog, breaking through the tree line and into Louis' backyard. Louis' laughs die down and he looks up.

"Oh Harry, are you my stalker? How do you know where I live?" Louis asks with fake conviction.

Harry snorts and rolls his eyes as Louis slides off his back. Louis chuckles at his reaction and shakes his head.

"Thank you for taking me home Harry." Louis says quietly. He wraps his arms around Harry's neck burying his face in the fur there.

Harry closes his eyes in content and returns the hug by leaning his head over Louis' back. His eyes shoot open however, when the back door to Louis' house opens and Louis' mother walks out. Harry can see her eyes widen and jaw drop as she takes in a large breath. 

Harry lifts his head again and nudges Louis to the house. Louis looks up and freezes when he sees his mum. 

"Shit."

Harry huffs and nudges Louis' back, then pokes his nose into Louis cheek. Louis giggles at the feeling and wipes at the cold moisture left by Harry's nose. He gives a quick kiss to Harry's muzzle then jogs up to the back door where his mother still stands, staring at the large wolf.

Harry gives a small bow of his head then darts back off into the forest.

"Louis William Tomlinson! Are you insane!?" Is the first thing his mother shouts when they retreat into the  house. "That thing could kill you! What were you even thinking!?" Her face is becoming a little red from her yelling and Louis is shying away from her.

"He would never hurt me. He's really nice, and his name is Harry. He's also kinda the one I told you about." Louis says the last sentence very quietly playing with his fingers.

Jay heaves a sigh. "Louis, I support you with a lot of things, but this." She pauses. "This is dangerous. Wolves are not tamed animals, they're not safe." 

"Mum, I think we both know that Harry isn't a regular wolf." Louis retorts.

Yes, she did know, Harry was definitely not a regular wolf. She grew up with his kind, her best friend was his kind. She wouldn't tell Louis that though, it's not her place. And it seems to her that Louis only knew the wolf version of his friend. Whether Jay knew that Harry was a regular wolf or not, he is still dangerous. Why would Harry willingly approach her baby? Wolves never approach humans.

"Louis, he's still a wolf and still dangerous. Love, he's three times your size! How do you know something won't happen one day? He could kill you so easily." Jay says gently.

"He'd never do that! I trust him, I know he won't hurt me, why can't you just let it be? Please." Louis asks desperately. 

Jay wants to let Louis spend time with Harry, but she couldn't. As long as Harry was in his wolf form there was a high chance that Louis could be hurt and Jay couldn't risk that. She hates seeing the tears well up in her sons eyes, but she couldn't let him be hurt. She shakes her head solemnly.

Louis feels his heart break, the stabbing pain in his chest intensifies the longer they stay quiet and stare at each other. Louis knows he shouldn't feel like this. It's a tad bit dramatic, but Harry just makes him unbelievably happy, he doesn't know why and he doesn't really care.  The only thing that's made him happy since they moved, his mother has to take away from him.

Louis doesn't even spare another glance as he makes his way up to his room with tears slowly making their way down his face. He locks his door and curls up to his pillow on his bed. Staring out the window silently he no longer registers the tears.

He falls asleep not long after.