The new girl

There I was, just minding my business while trying to solve math equations. All of a sudden, a girl walks into the room, interrupting the class, and stated,"um, is this math?". Mrs. Beech cheerfully said," Yes dear, what do you need," The girl then stated," Well I'm new and my schedule said that I am to be here at first period." "Well then, why don't you introduce yourself and tell us where you moved from.", Mrs. Beech stated. The girl proclaimed," My name is Melidi Jacobs and I just moved here from 'France, it is a great pleasure to be in the United States." Well that is just fascinating, why go ahead and grab a seat in the front of the room." To the kids at school a new student doesn't even matter them. It was the fact that this Melidi girl was foreign! That day everyone was all over the girl. Asking her so many obnoxious questions and bothering her. For the whole week it seemed that I was invisible to the whole school. This new girl had taken the spotlight right out from under me! No one takes the spotlight for Amber Clemans! Or my friends Carly and Jordon! I never could get the guts to go confront her, but I kept a close eye on her. I really hope she doesn't think she can just walk into a new school out of the country and just do whatever she pleases!