Mythicals

I remember that day just like it was yesterday. I remember the leaves starting to turn orange, the little ripples the pond made when I threw pebbles in it, and I remember her. Her piercing blue eyes staring into my soul, then blind folding me and taking me to a place. A place like no other. A place for mythicals like me.

1 YEAR AGO

My eyes widened at the sight of the first orange leaf in the whole entire forest. I ran to it and picked it off the tree. It was warm, like the sun against my light caramel skin. I held the leaf in my palm and blew on it. It started to turn cold and then began to change colors, from blue, to white, then to clear ice.

I've been doing stuff like this for as long as I can remember.

I tilted my palm sideways and let the iced leaf fall out of my hand and break like glass on the forest floor.

I started to walk to a special place I knew all my life. I come to this place whenever I really felt like it, my foster parents wouldn't care, they barley notice my existince.

Coming to the small pond made me feel safe and secure because I put a barrier around it so no one may come in unless i invite them. But sometimes I feel like someone is watching me. I feel it in my gut. Watching my every move. Every single breath I take. This time I don't feel it, I know it, because they are following me. Right now.