Chapter 6.

Kehlani.

"But Auggie I'm tired." I pouted.

"You been in the house for 3 weeks straight it's about time we go somewhere." Aug said as he wrapped his arms around me.

"Believe it or not packing up Kennedy and the twins isn't the easiest task." I said as he looked at me.

"There's no need for sarcasm baybeh." He said as his hands fell from my waist.

"Sorry." I mumbled.

"Lani what's wrong? Ever since the twins came home you've been acting down and out." He asked.

"You wouldn't understand." I said as I looked down at the floor.

"I wouldn't? Why not? These kids are mine just as much as they're yours." He said as I started to feel sad.

"Just stop questioning me okay?" I said as I turned around and look in the mirror.

"I'm just trying to figure out why my wife is sad and tired all of the time that's all." He sighed.

"I don't know." I muttered.

"What was that?"

"I said I don't know why I'm acting like this or why I'm so sad when this should be the happiest time of my life." I confessed.

"Is it worrying you?" He asked as I looked down at the dresser and shook my head yes.

"Well get some rest and I'll handle the babies then I'll call Cha and ask her something real quick." He said as I turned back around and hugged him as he kissed my forehead.

August.

"Yeah Cha she's really sad and I don't even know why." I explained.

"What you do?" She asked on the other line.

"This time. Nothing." I said as she laughed a little.

"The same thing just happened with Tima." She said reffering to Travis' girlfriend "It's something called post-partum depression."

"Which is?" I asked as I wrote it down on a piece of paper.

"It occurs after some women have babies. They just fall into a depression for numerous reasons, sometimes it can become really deep." She sighed.

"Really deep as in?"

"Suicidal thoughts or worse." She said.

"Okay thanks Cha I'll go look more into it." I said as I hung up.

I did some research on it and as much as I hated therapist that seemed to be the only way Lani could get over this.

"Hello is this Dr. Camara?" I asked.

Kehlani.

When I woke up I heard Aug downstairs. When I got down there I noticed Cha was sitting with him.

"Hey guys." I said as I looked strangely at the both of them.

"Lani we need to talk to you about something." Cha started.

"Baybeh we feel like your sadness could be something deeper." Aug cosigned.

"Is this an intervention?" I laughed. "You gotta be kidding me."

"We're not. We're really worried about you." Cha said as she sat next to me.

"We think you have something called post-partum depression and that you might need to see somebody." Aug said as I sat in disbelief.

"I'm not crazy." I gritted.

"We weren't saying that, we just wanna help you."

"I'm fine and I don't need help!" I yelled as I ran upstairs.

I went into my closet, locked the door and sat on the floor as tears fell from my eyes.

My whole life I've been called weird or crazy by someone, even my own mother but one thing I could not take was having my husband call me crazy too.

I curled up into the fetal position and wept until I heard knocks at the door.

"Baybeh it's me. Can I come in?" Aug asked.

"No, just give me a minute." I said in a shaky voice.

I wiped my tears and opened the door while being greeted with Aug's warm body. He wrapped his arms around me but for the first time in almost 2 years I pushed him away.

I stared blankly at the wall as I sat on the bed.

"August."

"Yeah Lani?"

"Call a therapist."

"Sure thing." He said as he pulled his phone out.

-

I have some planssss for this book smh

Y'all not ready.

Or are you?

Remember to vote and comment.-Shay