5

"Are you sure we should do this?" Laurent quietly asks, looking down at the sleeping woman. Luciella had put sleeping pills into her food while she wasn't looking, insuring them a smooth getaway.

"Yeah." Luciella whispers back, turning her back on her mother. "You know he's tracking her down. He knows that since she helped us get out of there, that he'll find me too."

"Alright then." Larry says, picking up their suitcases. "We need to be out of here before he comes looking."

Laurent nods, turning away from Dora. He felt slightly guilty. She had helped them and now they were ditching her. "I don't know..."

"Are you feeling guilty? After what she's done to all of us? She let him hurt Lulu, she let him hurt us! She shot us, Laurent!" Larry hisses, moving over to his brother. "She helped us all once. One time, and that doesn't cover all of the bullshit she's put Lulu through. She might as well be on his side."

"Let's go." Luciella slowly says, causing the two to look at her. "Please, before he finds and kills all of us."

Without another word, Larry walks over to Luciella and out of the door, putting the suitcases in the trunk of the car. He looks around in the dark, slightly paranoid and afraid. What if he was tracking them? What if he wasn't only tracking Dora but Luciella too?

How would he be tracking them though?

Larry looks up, closing the trunk and running back into the motel room. "Lulu!" He quietly calls out, watching as she puts on her backpack and looks at him. "Give me your phone." He says. She frowns and pulls it out of her pocket, walking it over to him.

He all but snatches it from her and runs back outside, her following. She watches as he raises it up high and slams it on the ground, watching it break apart. "What are you doing?" She hisses, moving over to him and pushing him away after he stomps it out.

"He's probably tracking you too. By your phone." He says.

"Okay, I get that, but did you have to destroy it?"

"We'll get you a new one. A better one. An iPhone." He says, and she rolls her eyes.

"Let's just hurry up and go." She says, shaking her head and looking at her broken phone. "You didn't have to do all that."

"Where's Lau? We have to go." He says, walking back into the motel room. Larry looks at his brother, who had gathered the last of their things. "You ready?"

"Yeah." He mutters, picking up the backpack and walking over to his brother. "You have the key?"

"If I have it, how is she gonna get it?" Larry asks, crossing his arms. "I left it inside of the nightstand."

"How are we gonna lock the door?"

"If we make it look like we locked the door, then she'll be fine, right?"

"I mean, I don't want her to get raped or killed or something."

"I think she'll be okay." Luciella says, walking over. "It would be karma, so let's go." She says harshly. Laurent lowers his head but nods.

"Let's go then."

-

"We're running out of money." Larry mutters, keeping his eyes on the road. "We need a way to get some more."

"What are we gonna do?"

"Uhm... Well, since we're headed toward Oakland, I got a friend who can help." Larry mutters.

"A friend? Who do you know in Oakland?"

Larry sighs. "A lot of people, Lau. I used to spend my summers there, remember?"