Chapter One: We Meet Again

~7 years later~

***Holland Jones POV***

It's been years since I 'broke' up with Cole, but I still felt broken because he just left and didn't confront me about my 'relationship' with his best friend. Not that I wanted him to, but still.

I was lost in my musings when my dad called.

"Honey, I am unable to go to the meeting later this afternoon, so I want you to go as my representative."

"Yeah dad, whatever" I said blandly. And I hung up the phone.

I laid in the bed and sighed.

'Another boring day ahead' I thought, not really interested about what would happen this day, but I can't shake that feeling that something bad is going to happen later this afternoon.

I showered for a good 30 mins and changed for my attire today which consist of a professional looking pencil skirt and a blousy top, it's classy but still professional.

I hopped in my red Lamborghini, and drove all the way into our rendezvous.

After driving for 15 mins top I'm finally at my destination.

I got out of my car and then enter the door that leads to the concierge.

"Excuse me where is the meeting that Arnold Jones, my father should attend to?"

"The 12th floor ma'am then when you're there, turn left, and the second door you'll see is where the meeting will happen." Said the attendant, and smiling nicely at me.

"Thank you!"

I rode the elevator up to the 12th floor, and then turned left, I opened the second door there and got in.

I am quiet late so when I arrived there, they are already discussing about a subject.

I took a random seat and listened...

Halfway of the meeting, the door suddenly opened and in comes the person I once loved but also the reason of his misery. Cole

"Sorry I'm late, I was just doing something far more important than this meeting." Cole said harshly, while looking at me with so much hatred. If looks could kill, I'll be six foot under the ground by now.

Because I can't keep my eyes off him, I didn't see that he wasn't alone, he is with a girl which I immediately recognise as Barbara, my dear half sister, she stayed in abroad to be far from my fatherr and I.

~Flashback~

My dad was so depressed when my mom died because of a car crash, he didn't come home that night, instead he went to a bar and doing God knows what, while I sat there waiting for him to go home. After that scenario my dad tell me what happened that night, but of course I didn't ask for too much details.

After two months since that night a girl came in our house, yelling about my dad getting her pregnant.

My dad insisted to pay for the bills, but after the baby was born the mother took the baby and went anroad.

I was eight that time when that baby was born.

~End of Flashback~

She is now currently clinging to my boyfr- I mean ex boyfriend's arm like a lost pup.

I hate the fact that I'm jealous because of that.

He took a seat in front of me and Barbara next to him.

We sat there, an awkward silence surrounding us.

I can't believe that Cole is here, how come? When I 'broke' up with him he has nothing, he just disappeared.

He lost his scholarship. And I lost him too.

But whatever, I shouldn't care anyways, I wonder if my dad knows about this.

The representative started talking again and I tried hard to listen, trust me, it's just my attention is now focused at the boy and girl in front of me which is still continuously and shamelessly flirting with each other.

Ugh, don't mind them just focus. I shouldn't care about him. I thought frustrated that I can't get him out of my system the second he stepped in the door.

I was lost in my thoughts, yet again when I heard someone tried to get my attention.

(Cough, cough) "Ma'am did you understand the topic I presented?" Said the presenter.

"Yes, I did understand"

"Do you have a question based on my topic?"

"No, you're actually a good reporter."

The representative sighed relieved.

(Huff) "Did you really understand anything? I doubt that, if you understand, can you explain what he reported?" Said the shamelessly flirting egotistical jerk in front of me.

"I-i, he said that the..." Damn it, I always hated stuttering.

"Psh, see? You don't understand anything, you just use your charm to get out of trouble! That's what you're good at, you make people spin in your finger and then when they're so into it you dump them and find another victim!!!" He said full of fury and disgust.

I gasped in shock, the people in the meeting are now looking at me in disgust, there are tears forming in my eyes when...

_____________________________

A/N: I decided to do the next chapter Cole's POV. And wow I just made a cliff hanger (hugs myself) ;)

Song for the chapter: Eyes shut by Years & Years