For It Is Plain

Sally peered out from behind her hiding place just in time to catch a glimpse of Mr. Sandy Claws and Jack Skellington in the middle of a heated discussion. Well, heated on the part of Mr. Claws.
"...Afraid I've made a terrible mess of your holiday," Jack frowned. He held out a skeletal hand, offering Sandy his red hat back. Sandy snatched it back from him, and his plump frame shook with rage. Well, Sally thought, I suppose he does have a good reason to be angry.

".... The next time you get the urge to take over someone else's holiday," growled Sandy as he gestured wildly, "I'd listen to her." He then pointed a fat finger in Sally's direction, revealing her hiding spot and causing her to jump slightly. "She's the only one who makes any SENSE around this insane asylum." With that, Sandy began to stomp off in frustration, muttering to himself.
A few more words were exchanged between the squat little man and the tall skeleton, and then Sandy Claws ascended back into his sleigh. Jack was left staring, dumbfounded.

      Carefully, hesitantly, Sally brought herself into the scene. She walked slowly to Jack, and lightly touched his bony arm, getting his attention.
"He'll fix things, Jack. He knows what to do," she breathed, smiling slightly. Jack turned to her, his tone gentle and questioning.
"How did you get down here, Sally?"
Sally felt a phantom blush rush to her cold, dead cheeks as she looked at her feet in embarrassment, and suddenly seemed very interested in her fingers and their stitching.
"Oh, I-I was just trying to... Well I wanted to... to...," Sally trailed off.
"--To... Help me," Jack finished.

If Sally still had a beating heart, it would be thumping rapidly against her rib cage. If she still had blood, her cheeks would be tinted red instead of their normal cloudy blue.
Jack inched closer to her, and Sally turned away. "I Couldn't let you just--" she started.
"Sally...," he murmured, and turned her towards him. Sally felt electrified by Jack's gaze as he locked eyes with hers. She looked up into his empty eye sockets, and felt the air leave the room. He moved even closer to her, their faces only inches apart. He was smiling at her. Sally was beginning to think that maybe...
"...I can't believe I never realized that you--"

"JACK! JACK!" Someone yelled, and a bright spotlight was promptly pointed at the two, effectively ruining the moment.