02. broken

january 2cnd 2011

dear yuri,

tears have been falling from my eyes nonstop for the past thirteen hours. until just now, my tears have run out and i've been sitting in the waiting room ever since.

nurse nira - or atleast that's what she told me to call her - suggested for me to pour all my feelings into letters. she promised me that you'd read them once you wake up. she promised that you would wake up.

i also promised your mom everything will be okay. i promised her that you will be okay.
but as these thirteen long and painful hours has passed with no news, i have watched you as you lay lifeless on the hospital bed.

i regret promising her something that i do not know of myself. but as I write this to you, i want you to know that by the time you do read this, i will be there by your side. i promise you.

signed with love,
kim jongin

june 23rd 2015

yuri's eyes followed the words written on the crisp pages as she read them to herself. her fingertips curled on the edges of the page as her mouth moved as the words spilled from her tongue.

she felt her grip tighten on the book as she read the last sentence. her mother watched her from her seat as her daughters eyes didn't look up.

"honey, what is that?" roma, yuri's mother, asked. yuri read the letter once again as she was too focused to listen to her mother's question.

"mom, you remember jongin, right?" roma squinted one eye as she stared back at yuri.

"jongin? yes, of course i do. he was the sweetest little boy. i remember taking care of him since he was in diapers," she sighed as the words spilled from her mouth.

"mom, where is he?"

"i wish i could tell you," her mother answered as she wanted to know the answer for herself as well. "you didn't answer my question." yuri looked down at the book before shoving it under her hospital sheets.

"just something that the nurse gave me to read," she muttered in response. her mother smiled as she pushed her daughter's behavior away.

"i'm so happy to have you back," roma exclaimed as she attacked yuri with hugs. yuri smiled to herself as she felt her mother's arms wrap around her.

as her mother let go of her, yuri looked around the room before closing her eyes.

he was nowhere in sight. therefore, he had lied.

authors note;;

thank you guys for reading this!! i have the whole plot planned out and im so excited. kai will appear... sometime at the end. the length of this will be around 20 chapters, hence why its under short story.
thANK YOU GUYS ONCE AGAIN
I LOVE U

- nehal

#prayforjapan