Chapter 7: He Discovers

*three months later*

Wow. We have come so far along now. I can't believe it. It seems like just yesterday Simon was confronting us.

I look around to my three bandmates. They appeaer to be as excited for this as I am, although Sean and Landon are trying to seem cool about it all.

Over these past few months, I've noticed a significant change in the band. We've all not only grown accustomed to One Direction, but we're all close to them too. Of course the members of ExitSign will always be more like family to me, but I can also say that the members of One Direction are my friends. Probably even close friends.

"So, are you guys nervoud?" A voice asks from behind us. Turining around, I see that the voice belongs to harry. All the other guys are standing with him.

"Nah, we've got this. It's not like we haven't performed for people or anything." Sean answers for all of us.

In response, Harry just nods thoughfully.

"But we haven't performed for a crowd like this before. It's alway just been for regular citizens while they enjoy their meal or have a good drink. This is something completely different. These people are all rich and famous, and have highly valued opinions." I say.

Decker opend her mouth to make some sort of smart-ass remark, but is interrupted by the stage manager telling us to prepare because we will need to go on any minute now.

While we wait, Simone introduces our band. "Thank you all for coming out tonight. I can tell you all that it's a very important night. Because we are celebrating the release of the upcoming band ExitSign's very first album! They are incredibly talented, and already a big hit! So let's give them a warm welcome to the stage! Ladies and gentlemen, here's ExitSign!"

Right away Sean, Landon, Decker and I walk onto the stage. There's some clapping.

here, the lights are brighter, the stage is bigger, and the pressure is higher. Before I reach the microphone, I take a few deep breaths to help calm myself down.

You can do this Emerson.

I hear Landon start the beat, and then Sean play the opening chords to the first song we're playing tonight. On my cue, I begin to sing the lyrics. Soon I find myself floating away from the scene, and into the music. When we're finished, the entire crowd gives us a standing ovation.

As we walk off the stage, Simone walks back on to give another mini-speeck that nobody really cares about. Backstage, the boys congratulate us all, and compliment our performance.

"So waht's after this?" Landon randomly asks.

"Well, we all stay for alittle bit and talk to people. But after that we're free to go home. And you're free to stay the night, Emma, if you would like." Liam answers.

"Oh, thanks. I think that I'll go over there for a little while, but I can't stay the night."

"Okay, that sounds like aplan. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go over to my girlfriend." Liam replies.

"Me too." Zayn adds.

Niall and Louis eventually go to their girlfriends as well. Then Sean leaves to go hit on this really pretty girl. And of course Landon and Decker just have to go off somewhere together. By the end of all this, Harry and I are the only two remaining.

"Well, I guess it's just us then..." Harry trails off.

"Yeah..."

It's silent as we both wait for the other to break the ice.