Golden Lockets

The clique of six walked through the doors of the school and right when their touched the fibers of the cheap carpet, everybody’s heads turned. They looked like angels, to their schoolmates, sent down to save them from the prison that they were in. However, this lively group was quite the opposite. Everywhere they went, heads turned, because of their infamy. They are notoriously known for keeping tabs on everybody’s lives and then using these tabs in order to blackmail people in order to get what they want. As individuals, everybody loves them, but when they are with their leader, Kirstin Maddox, they are a conniving clan of friends whom get enjoyment by putting others through misery.

            They walked in two uniformed lines. Kirstin and her two best friends, Joy and Emily, walked in the front line, Kirstin obviously in the middle. The other three; Bria, Willow and Sage walked happily behind them. With every clack of Kirstin’s white Versace heels, another innocent bystander gasped with relief, thankful that Kirstin hadn’t chose them as her prey of the day. When Kirstin and her five minions made it to her locker in peace, everybody else in the hallway was equally shocked that Kirstin had walked through the whole corridor without torturing somebody. Even her own friends were slightly confused as to why she was acting so bizarre.

            Kirstin flashed her thousand dollar smile at her friends before cheering, “Look bitches! The school was so kind as to specially make a locker named 90210 just for me! I seriously cannot wait for the day when I’m out of South Burlington and off to Beverly Hills. This place is so boring and all of your boring faces start to blend in,” she laughed, before slamming her locker and looking around at all of her placid friends. She sighed, “What the hell is wrong now?”

            Bria coughed and said, “K, it’s the first day of school. You can’t expect us to be all that happy. Besides you are acting different too.”

            Shocked, the other four friends looked from Bria to Kirstin to see how she was going to react to Bria’s disrespectful remark. Kirstin rolled her eyes and brushed the comment away. She began to walk in the other direction towards Mrs. Wolf’s classroom. Her friends followed closely behind her until she reached the door. Before she entered the classroom, she swiftly turned around and said, “See you stalkers at lunch! Kiss kiss!”

            Right after Kirstin was out of sight, the group broke off. Bria and Sage marched on in to their history classroom, while Emily, Willow and Joy went their separate directions. Bria and Sage sat down right next to each other and waited for their teacher to enter the room. Their old friend, Cynthia, walked into the room and she waved in their direction and they both smiled at her as she took her seat at the front of the classroom. Right after she sat down, Sage and Bria turned to one another and Bria confusedly asked, “Why is she being so distant? I thought we were supposed to be friends with her.”

            Sage didn’t have an answer to Bria’s question, so Bria turned away and stared at the chalkboard, anxiously waiting for class to begin. Then, right when the bell rang the teacher walked into the classroom and Bria’s face instantly lit up. The teacher was a tall white man, with sophisticated brown hair and piercing dark blue eyes. Sage looked over to say something to Bria, but he noticed that her eyes were fixed on the man that just walked into the room. Sage nudged Bria and she quickly fell out of her trance. She turned towards Sage and rudely asked, “What was that for?”

            Sage laughed and then crossed his arms. Bria sunk back into her chair, embarrassed. The teacher that stood at the front of the room coughed to get the attention of his students and then he vibrantly said, “Hey there history buffs! I am your new teacher, Mr. Ewing.”

            Bria placed her head in her hand and started daydreaming about the man that stood in front of her. Sage stared at his friend as the teacher called her name for attendance. She smacked her hand on the desk and screamed, “Here!”