nine

|Mother| •Ann •  
Warning: kind of a bit graphic

   I couldn't believe what was happening. Sean made me run into a tree, and then he forced me out the car and told me he wouldn't hurt me unless he had to.

    It made me question how I could've seen any good quality in this man at all and how did I fall in love with him?

I can't believe Jane hates me enough to let me die. She ran away, which means I'll be dead soon.

"Sean, leave my mom out of this." Adam says.

Adam had anger in his eyes. I couldn't help but wonder where Kate is and would I ever see her again.

I tried to wrap my mind around what all was happening but I began to get dizzy and I knew I was about to never wake up again.

I began to see spots and I tried to keep my eyes open. I could feel the knife on my neck. The heat in the room was overwhelming. I couldn't breathe.

"Mom! Stay awake." Gabe screams and I hear Sean laughing viscously.

"Its too late. Jane is gone. Ann is now pronounced dead." Sean states wickedly.

I feel the knife slide quickly across my neck and a ripping sound echoes through the walls. I close my eyes as my body falls to the ground.

|Son| •Gabe• (pov twist)

  I watch as my mom falls to the floor. A thick deep slit across her neck. My mouth gapes open, as I see her lifeless body. Sean killed my mother. He laughs as he steps away from my mother's body, his wife.

His hand still clenched the knife tightly, waiting for his next victim. It would be me or Adam.

"Mom!" Adam screams, as he falls to the floor towards her which was just inches away from Sean's feet.

I hear a gasp and to my right was Kate.

"Mommy?!" She screams.

My heart breaks even more. I grab Kate and hold her closely. He isn't taking her away from me.

"Kate, baby have you missed me?" Sean asks, hiding the knife behind his back.

"No. I did not." She snaps.

He smiles insanely. "Darling, come home with me." He says, making his way closer to me.

I back away.

"Leave us alone. You already took our mom." Adam pleads, as he holds my mother's head in his lap.

Blood soaked his clothes.

"Is mommy not okay?" Kate asks, hearing Adam's words.

"Kate, your mother is fine. Come home with me." Sean says, as he lunges forth towards me.

The knife falls to the floor, and his hands are outstretched towards Kate.

"That's my daughter!" He yells.

Adam grabs the knife behind him.

"You are a murderer!" I scream.

Kate screams as Sean grabs her foot. I try to get his grasp off of her but he was tightly grasping it. He was going to break her leg. Kate screams loudly. I knew she was in horrendous pain.

  My heart pounding in my ears. The determination to keep my sister safe was beyond. Sean has anger and rage in his eyes and I was waiting to hear Kate's bone snap into two.

Suddenly, everything goes quiet besides Sean's thud on to the ground. Adam stands over Sean in horror as he realized what he done. Sean's knife was lunged into his heart. Kate looked in horror as her father's limp dead body was bloody on the floor.

"He's dead." Adam says, in shock.

"Adam don't over think it, he was going to kill us all eventually. You protected us. You saved us." I rambled.

He looked like he was about to faint. His face was pale and his eyes were out of focus.

"Adam you saved me." Kate says.

I look down at her foot. It was already dark purple.

"Kate, can you have move your foot?" I ask.

She tries but tears form her eyes. "No." She whispers and begins to cry.

"Daddy promised to never hurt me. He's a liar." She wails.

"No Kate. You'll be fine." I assure her.

"Adam hold Kate." I tell him.

Adam takes her but he was still pale. I call 911 and tell them what all went on and gave him our address.

"Kate, the ambulance is on the way." I say, and I noticed Adam is sitting against the wall with Kate staring at our mom.

"Mommy. Wake up." Kate whispers.

She sits there with her leg stiff, rubbing mom's hair that was now covered in dry blood at the ends.

I hold back tears as I see how now our family is offically broken and Jane is nowhere to be found. I look out the back door but there was nobody to be seen. I looked for Jane but she was gone.

The ambulance then shows up and takes Kate. We sit beside her in the ambulance. As the doctor scans Kate and says she has a hairline fracture. Kate cries not knowing what that is. The doctor explains calmly and gives her a sticker.

  "Is mommy doing okay?" Kate asks the doctor.

Me and Adam look at each other. "Well, thats what I need to talk to you guys about." The doctor says.

We waited for her to explain but then the police walk in.

"We need to talk to you all three immediately."