Chapter 1

Jess's POV
I looked out the window, at the moon  hiding behind the clouds, wishing everything were simple again. Alas! That can't happen. I'm in too deep now, I gotta do what I have to, if not for my self then at least for my family.
I still remember the night when this all started, a night just like tonight, cold and dark.

--5 years earlier--
I have been feeling weird for quite sometime now, I always felt some kind of energy or something, I just cant explain. But it was weird. Strange things happened with me or because of me, like the other day,
I caused a small fire to erupt in the chemistry lab. I didn't even know what happened.

Also, I have been having nightmares, always the same.
I always see a camp sorta thing and a woman with sharp red eyes.
But nothing else. I wake up sweating and scared.
Tonight too, I awoke due to this dream. I sat in my window sill, letting the cold air hit my face. I closed my eyes and sat there, just feeling the cold air hit my face.

-Next Day-
As I was returning home from school, I heard someone call my name.
"Jess?"
I turned around to find a woman in her 20s.
"Yes?"
"I'm Alexis. I'm the Chief Commander at Camp Hep. We would like you to come and join us."
I was shocked.
"I'm sorry I don't know who you are." I walked away. But she followed me.
"You have your doubts, don't you? What about the fire the other day? Or the fact that you ran faster than ever today in PE? We've been watching you for the past few weeks."
"I don't know what you're talking about. Get away from me."
"You sense it too, don't you? There's something different going on, something you can't explain.
You sense the energy in your bones."
I kept walking faster, till I reached my lane.
" Fine, if you don't believe me now, you will. Sooner or later. And when you do, here, call me on this number."
The woman shoved her card in my hands and got into a car, which I didn't see earlier, and drove off.
I  stood there, not knowing what to say. I put the card in my pocket and walked towards my house, processing the earlier events.