One

Cordelia's P.O.V

I typed on my computer , tapping my fingers on the desk softly as I thought of what words to write, and where to write them.
Down the hall I heard light footsteps, getting closer, and looked up to see Zoe poking her head inside the door.

"The new students have arrived." She said, an excited smile on her face.

"Good! I'll be down in just a minute to meet them all." I said, closing the screen on my laptop down.

I had sent Zoe and Queenie to interview the hundreds of witches that had applied to the academy, both male and female. They were told to only allow the best into the school, only the ones who were shown to be special. The others would be sent to the new sister coven that had recently opened, started by the niece of Myrtle Snow. I had immediately accepted the coven as a sister coven, as Myrtle had been like a mother to me as I grew up.
The sister coven would be a place for all the less experienced witches and wizards to start out, and if they progressed enough, they could join any coven that they wished.
I fully trusted Queenie and Zoe with their choices in the students that would be joining us, and was just as excited as they were to meet the new pupils.

I made my way downstairs to find a group of younger students, standing in the room, nervous smiles on their faces.
I took a seat in the chair and flashed a friendly smile at the group.

"Hello, and welcome to this coven. I am Cordelia Foxx, supreme of the coven, and you two have already met my two members of the witch council, Zoe and Queenie. Why don't we start with having you all introduce yourselves, one by one, and a little about why you wanted to join this coven?.." I asked, curious to know about the new members.

A boy wearing camouflage jeans and an oversized hoodie took a step forward. He had blonde, spiked hair and fearless dark blue eyes.

"Hey everyone. My name is Leonardo Greene, but everybody just calls me Leo for short. I'm eighteen years old, and basically I knew I was different from others from a young age. I lived with my single mother my whole life, and one night when I was nine years old, we heard a crash outside, and my mother told me to hide. She hid me in her closet right before he found her, and I watched everything happen through the tiny crack between the doors. I watched what I presumed was a witch hunter kill her, shooting her in the chest. I was so angry when this happened, he had taken away the one person who loved me. I was furious. I thought about him pulling the gun to his head and pulling the trigger, and he did it. Basically from then on, I worked out I can control others minds, even multiple people at once... I would like to join this coven so that I can learn to protect the people that I love, and not fail again as I did with my mother." He said humbly, his head held high rather proudly.

"And protect them you will." I said, smiling and giving the boy a nod. He seemed well disciplined, and committed.

A tall, thin girl flashed a smile. She had long, dark black hair and deep hazel green eyes. She wore a simple black dress, and she looked very beautiful.

"Um..Hey, I'm Emily Rose, I'm nineteen and basically I've always known as a witch. My mother had told me many stories about her times at this academy, and was determined to to try and enrol me once she was aware that the academy was still here. I'm good at doing earth stuff, kinda like this..." She said trailing off, and closing her eyes.
On the window outside, small vines began to grow and spread over the glass.

I raised my eyebrows in surprise. The girl had a gift that was hard to come by, Fire powers were popular and easier to learn, but earth powers were only capable by a special few witches. Ones who were incredibly grateful of the earth and the beauty of the wilderness.