chapter 1

Mackenzie

I never thought in all my life I would need anyone to tell me some sappy cheesy movie line to save my life. I've always known to take care of myself no matter what, be strong and provide for myself. But I was wrong the day I did it ,I did my doing it, only took 1 person and a few words to save my life. I always thought I could do everything by my self but I was wrong so so so very wrong.....

"Come on Mackenzie lets go" Avery replied . I picked up my bag and cover up along with my keys as I followed my cousin out the door to the car. "I can't believe it ! ,I'll be at a party with adults and I won't get in trouble!!!! Turn up !!" Avery yelled as she began doing the Harlem shake . I laughed as I got into the drivers seat and put our bags in the backseat. "You sure you know how to swim ?" I asked her I was not about to take a 15 year old who can't swim to the beach." Are you kidding? I'm the little mermaid!! Under the sea!!!!" She began singing. I laughed and got on the highway listening to this idiot sing a song about crustaceans and sea creatures. I pulled off the highway and parked in parking at the beach . We took off our shorts and fixed our bathing suits. "You ready to turn up youngin" I told Avery"I WAS BORN READY LOSER!!!" She screamed as she began doing cartwheels to the shore I laughed at myself and began running down to the party . It was crowded with college students. After I found Avery we went and swam in the ocean. "Thanks for taking me in Mac , I really appreciate it" Avery said with a sad smile. Avery's parents abused her and her pregnant sister at young ages so her sister, Caroline got married and pregnant and moved ,so Avery ran away after her mom died and lived with me. I love her and if I ever see her father again ill kill him. "I love you Avery and I always will I said as I swam towards her and kissed her forehead.
We got out and I ran into my ex Bradley." Have a drink!!! They said as they slurred ah 2
1drink can't hurt or 2. .......

By the end of the night I felt like a bird in the sky, I dragged Avery to the car as we both slurred. "But he was so *hiccup* cute!!!! She refers to the tree and Bradley. I got into the car and began to drive we swerved into another car on the interstate, the passenger side window shattered and Avery's head slammed as I flew through the windshield and seen white as my vision faded.