2.

(A/N Super looong chapter for y'all bc I got a bit carried away lmao, love you all!)

"Buzz!" "Buzz!"

I wiped my eyes with my hands, and frantically found my reading glasses, and looked at my bedside clock. It's 6am. Who is ringing me this early? I pressed answer and placed the phone to my ear, not checking to see who it actually is calling me.

"Who... who is it..?" I said, mid-yawn.

"Zara, it's me, Steph! I need you to pick me up! I'm still at this guys house and he's still asleep, but I don't want to wake him up this early to tell him to drive me home. Hungover boys are not pretty!"

"Okay, okay, text me the address, I'll be there ASAP" I said, still with my eyes closed, half asleep, and agitated from this early morning errand. Oh the things I do for this girl.

"Thanks babe, on it!" She said in her cheeriest morning voice, then hung up.

I stuck to my word, and I really was fast. I figured that since I was up, and it was too late to go back to bed, that we should go for a coffee, and then to class.

We nipped home, got changed, grabbed our things, and headed to the familiar coffee house. 

As we walked in, (Steph still full of joy by the sounds of it), she found my favorite little couch to sit on, tucked away in the corner, surrounded by old books and 1920's paintings of New York.  As she found herself comfortable, I walked over to the counter to get 2 large cappuccinos, one for me, one for the pink haired girl perched on the couch in the distance, gazing in to nothingness, with a dopey grin spread across her petite face. 

As I reached the counter I saw a tall, masculine figure faced away from me, ordering his beverage. I decided to not look at him, not that he would notice me anyway, but he was clearly infatuated with Khloe, one of my fellow baristas who was gorgeous. She had silky ash blonde hair that fell just past her boobs, (which are accompanied by a very pushing push-up bra), and crystal blue eyes, the shade of the worlds oceans, glistening in the summer sun. 

Then there was me, with brown mid-length hair, (which was always up in a ponytail), pale skin, (meaning when I blush, it is very noticeable), boobs, which were to be honest quite sizable, but I never showed them off, I always wore shirts or cardigans or polo necks to retain my modesty, and then along came my eyes, eugh. They are a deep hazel green color. What guy likes that? Especially compared to ocean blue.  I cover the majority or this with my reading glasses, but I don't think it makes much difference. Whilst Khloe is the belle of the ball, I am using my hazel as my camouflage. I don't want to stand out anyway, what with my social awkwardness also.

I was awoken from my somewhat moody trance when the thick aroma of freshly ground coffee filled my senses once more, reminding me why I was actually stood at this darn counter. It was at that moment I heard the deep chuckle of what must have been what Steph calls, the Sex God. I remember him now. Dayummm.

I kept my head down, and walked up to my fellow barista, Brett. 

"Hey Z! What can I get for you this morning? The usual?" Brett said in his most enthusiastic tone. He was lovely, always so happy about his job. 

"Hey Brett, yes please, one for me, one for that loved up lunatic over there" I said jokingly, as I gestured to Steph, who was still away with the fairies. 

"Coming right up!" Brett chuckled, and started making my order.

Trying to be as discreet as I could and not wanting to start some sort of conversation with the extremely muscly guy next to me, (Dylan, I think Steph said he was called), I shot a quick innocent glance up to him.