|ii|

TIWHFL
CHAPTER TWO

It had been three weeks since Carter put operation "Charlie Horse" into effect.

"Carter you've done nothing but give this plan, that's definitely going to fail, a name."
Zoe told her as she grabbed a bag of chips and plopped onto Carter's bed.

"Patience, young grasshopper. I need to approach the subject first."
Carter said as she lazily scrolled through her Instagram feed.

Carter had spent the past few weeks studying Charlie and his habits.
She knew what he ate for lunch, his schedule, and what way he drove home.

You could say she was slightly infatuated with the boy.

"You know what, to show you guys that I'm serious I'm going to talk to him tomorrow, if he comes to English."

"That's no fair! He never comes to English, Carter."
Brielle yelled.

I can never please these girls

After a while the two girls had to leave and that left Carter alone with her thoughts.

She'd always found Charlie quite handsome. When he first moved here she would blush every time he'd even pass by her.

She got out a pencil and grabbed her notebook from her dresser and started scribbling and wrote at the top Operation Charlie Horse.

Step One: Befriend him

Hopefully he comes tomorrow

•••♪•••

"Miss Johnson you are late!"

"Sorry ma'am."
Carter muttered.

She was only thirty seconds late but Mrs. Lyon was hard about tardiness.

She looked down the aisle and sitting in the seat next to hers was no one other than Charlie Hart.

What the hell is he doing here?!

She walked to her desk with shaky hands and her palms start to become moist. She tried making eye contact with Brielle but found her laughing instead.

She turned her head quickly to see Charlie staring directly at her.

Okay, you can do this!
Don't fall!
Breath!

Carter pulled the seat out and sat as far away as she could.

"Today's lesson is on love!"
Lyons said quickly gaining Carter's attention.

Oh God!  This is an English class, don't we have some kind of essay to write?

"Love can be this really magical and life changing thing, kiddos. I believe that love is the cure to any sickness in the world. All anyone needs is a little TLC to bring someone's hopes up!"

The whole class groaned in harmony. Whenever Lyons had a crazy idea nothing could change her mind.
They all knew the word project wasn't to far from her lips.

"Today I want to start an interesting project. Many teachers around the country have tried this and have only returned with positive feedback, so now it's our turn to try this. You and your seat partner will be working on the project together so if you don't know them, you will after this project. I want you guys to get out a sheet of paper and write every single idea you have on love down. It can be good or bad things, personal life experiences, or an actual definition. Alright, begin, you have the rest of class to do this."

She gave me an uplifting smile because the look on my face wasn't to pretty.

"Class, I really think you're going to love this project."
She said with a wink.

I think I'll love getting out of this class even more.

You see, the word love and I don't get along- at all. I've never been in love and I never want to fall in love. I see the things, so-called, love did to my mother and father so it can't do any better for me. Nowadays, many boys think "I love you" is code for "I want to waste a couple months of your life so I can have sex with you" and it sucks.

It felt like I'd only been writing for a few moments but the bell sounded, signaling the end of the period and everyone was out.

I turn to find Charlie's eyes roaming across my face. It felt as if he was trying to search my soul and at that moment I knew he could read every emotion that flooded my mind.

I opened my mouth to say something but he'd already popped out of the trance and left my thoughts and I battling.

"Woah, you look like you've just seen a ghost."
Brielle said as I got to my locker

"It wasn't a ghost. It was Charlie Hart."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
hi!
holy crap the feedback ive been getting on this book is amazing
thanks guys!
i can't believe im almost at 1k reads

so so so sorry for leaving you guys with out an update for so long but school is killing me ugh

how do you guys feel about LEMONADE??? queen bey snatched everything with that album

i don't know when the next update will be unfortunately :/ but love you guys
bye!