Chapter One

A whisper in the ear, the right syllables at the right time. Blending the definitions of the English language. That is the only thing that forwards human development.

"Do it," Vritra whispered,"Pull the trigger. End his life."

His words caressed the man's ear, tugging him in favour of Vritra's preferences. The man swallowed. Sweat dripped down from ratty brown hair, down his face to the black haired boy below him. The boy trembled afraid of the oblivion he faced, with a gun to his head. Keito, Vritra's opposite glared at him.

"Think of his family, how much it would hurt his parents," her voice was like the gentle lull of ocean waves. A promise, a glimmer of hope. As soft as a nightingale's wing yet as strong as a typhoon's touch.

Vritra felt anger grow, he was no stranger to failure but the boy's soul would be a wonderful addition. He was unwilling to lose this one to Keito. He was already losing the governments. Even though he was gaining some of the churches, the loss was hefty.

"Do the boy's parents a favour," he growled," they'd be better off without a lazy leech living off then."

His words drilled into the man's mind. The boy was hopeless, he had already attempted to take his own life several times. He was a stain upon the embroidered cloth of humanity

Vritra smiled as his vile seeds took root and grew into a twisted tree. Keito rushed forward trying to trim the plant, preaching of how all life was precious and no one was beyond hope or worth.

There was a soft click as the safety was removed. The boy trembled nervous for oblivion that wasn't by his own hands. Terrified about not having the choice to abort. The man closed his eyes, his fingers softly applying pressure to the trigger.

The boy jerked back with a bang, his hair framed his head like a bloody black halo. Vritra locked eyes with Keito and shot her a cruel grin. He approached the man, kneeling by him.

"What did you do? You murdered a defenceless boy. You're a terrible person," Vritra backed off, the seeds had been planted the seeds would grow.

Keito glared at him murmuring words of reassurance, that he couldn't let one lapse in judgement define the rest of his life.

Vritra glanced back at Keito, "It gets easier if you surrender to human nature. They are like fire, trying to contain and change its original purpose is futile. The second it gets the chance all it does is destroy," Vritra let the scene fade to the nothingness that he mad his residence