Chaper 2

Ashley's POV 

"Beep, beep, beep" went the sound of Shane's alarm clock. I rubbed my eyes and sat up trying to focus clearly on my surroundings. I looked over at Shane who slept peacefully beside me. God that boy can sleep through anything I thought to myself. I got out of bed and made my way down the hall into the bathroom. I ran the shower water for a few seconds before catching a glimpse at myself in the mirror. I stared back not knowing who this unfamiliar person was. What happened to the happy Ashley? I thought. She was gone. I took of my shirt not daring to look at the scars on my stomach and thighs. I sighed to myself as I hoped into the shower and let the warm water relax me.

Shane's POV 

"Damn it" I cried. I was getting dressed and the fact that I didn't have enough bracelets to cover my scratched up wrists was pissing me off. Why do I have to be such a mess I thought to myself. I reached down and grabbed the same sweater I have been wearing for the past 3 days. My phone suddenly beeped letting me know I had a text. I reached over the bed, grabbed it and checked my messages  

"Shane, practice today" 

-Conner 

I sighed just remembering our scheduled band practice.

The smell of bacon and eggs entered my nose. I happily sighed. Ashley was making breakfast. I entered the kitchen and slowly wrapped my arms around her. She jumped. "Oh my god Shane you scared the shit out of me" she exclaimed. I started nibbling on her ear while she was putting the bacon on the plates. " Hey baby your parents left a note on the counter" Ashley said before sitting down to eat. I walked over to the counter and picked up the folded piece of paper.

Shane, 

We went out to the bar and won't be back until later since you insisted we right you a letter here's your damn letter.  

Dad

I ripped up the note and threw it in the trash. They never loved me I thought to myself , I was just a worthless piece of shit to them. Whenever they got the chance they would leave me and go to the bar. Last time they came home in a police car because of their reckless driving. It drove me crazy sometimes. I spent hours when I was younger imaging what it would be like to have a normal family. I gave up on that dream years ago. I silently walked back to the table and moved my food around the plate with my fork not wanting this disgusting calorie filled meal in my stomach , but I knew I had to eat. I had to do it for Ashley.