Chapter 1

Brenda was a 45-year old lady. She was a lawyer. She had an amazing career which she had sacrificed for her kids - Kate and George. She didn't want her children to be affected in a negative way due to her career. She  was kind, sweet but could be extremely sarcastic to you if you deserved it. 

She was beautiful, for me, at least. The reason was the simplicity, the honesty in those eyes, the purity of her mind. If that is not beautiful, I don't know what is. 

But, unfortunately for her, humans see beauty as an image, and not the emotion behind it. I am not referring to all the human beings, but, most of the humans that surrounded Brenda. I won't be indirect, what I mean is her extended family. They had no respect for her. They thought that she left her career because she wasn't 'good enough'. But, she meant the world to me. She cared for me.

I know, I am getting a bit irritating. I have not even told you about myself. Well, humans call me a tree. A banyan tree. I live in Brenda's garden; which is enormous! I am pretty old. Well, that is all you need to know about me, for now, as this is not about me. This is about Brenda. A woman who talked to me everyday for so many years. She also named me. Sunshine. I don't know why, but yes, she called me sunshine. She was friendly. She used to tell me about how she felt. And at times, there was no need to. 

"Hi Sunshine" Brenda said. She was coming towards me, I could feel it. "How I wish you could speak" she pauses, "because, at times I feel that what if even you didn't like me." Why does she feel so? I am so furious at those humans who have hurt her so much. I wish I could talk. I wish I could tell her that she means the world to me. I let one of my leaves fall on her. It had become my way of comforting her. But, this time its different she needs someone to mend those wounds. Those everlasting wounds which are repaired slowly through kind words. For the first time, I felt so miserable for not being able to talk.

~~~~~

a/n: This is my first attempt at writing. I know this is not that great but, I hope you like it. Do tell me if you feel that I should stop writing. XD. I won't stop but, I'll try to improve.

Thank you.