Chapter 1

Kayla J.

Kayla J. sat on her couch, watching Queen perform on stage live on TV. Such a famous band, Kayla thought, gazing at the band longingly. Shaking her head, the young female rose from her couch and went to get a glass of water. Kayla J. was a young lady who was in her early 20's. She'd went to college at age 18 to get her Bachelor's Degree. Now, she had her own place; it was a bit dusty, but she'd make it better eventually. Filling up her cup with water, Kayla had returned back to the couch, as Queen had just finished playing, "We are the Champions". Suddenly, an idea hit her head. Band auditions! She quickly got up from the couch and started making flyers. Things are gonna go well now.

Chuck

Chuck entered his apartment, with a coke in his left hand. As he observed the the Living Room, the young adult had saw Megan, who was doing her Algebra homework. "Homework sucks," he chucked in amusement, sitting next to the stressed teenager. The red head had craned her head to glare at Chuck. "That's easy for you to say," she snapped. "you're 21!" Chuck remained quiet temporarily, his focus going on opening his coke. Taking a sip of it, he looked at Megan again. "When I was 16 like you, I had to do much more than that, trust me." He added that statement with a warm smile. Chuck, a tall guy who was also in his early 20's had sheltered Megan, whose parents got killed in a car crash when she was 13. He had looked at her as a little sister, happy that he wasn't alone in the bloody cold world. Megan resumed to her homework, sighing. "When I finish this damn work, I'm going to practice the drums again." Chuck nods. "I'll join you. My bass skills are starting to get a little advanced." With that, Chuck yawned and went into his room, forgetting to take off his shoes, and plopped on his bed, tired.

Megan

Once she had finished her homework, Megan went to Chuck's bedroom to wake him up. The young adult was sleeping quietly, his breath rarely audible. "Chuck, wake up," she grunted, shaking him slightly. Chuck, being a light sleeper, woke up quickly, with drowsy hazel eyes. "Hrrmmf." was all the hispanic guy could say. "Ready to practice outside?" Megan asked, tugging at his arm. Chuck groaned. "Give me a second." The male then proceeded to fix his ruffled mop cut, as well as rinse his face off with cold water. As he was awakenened, Megan watched Chuck leave his room, saying, "Come on then." in which she did. When they arrived outside, they went down the street, to their "Rock Den". It wasn't really a Rock Den; it was actually a shed used to store objects inside of it. Megan and Chuck however, managed to form it into a Rock Den, which gave them enough space to play. The two began with a warmup, playing the song, "Lump". After that, they began to play; the friends decided that neither of them sing, as they were terrible at doing so. Chuck's voice would crack while Megan's was too pitchy, accidently breaking a glass cup one time. They continued to play until the sun was starting to go down. Megan turned off of the light in the shed and led the way out. While they were walking, Megan stopped, seeing a flyer on their apartment. "Auditions for a new band. ." Megan said, reading the words. Chuck rubbed his chin with his hands. "The auditions begin Friday," he remarked, his eyes filled with interest. Megan looked at Chuck. "Are you up for it?" The male walked in the apartment, politely holding the door for the younger lady. "Definitely."

This is my first Rock Band book! If you don't know what that is, just go to Google, lol. Anyways, the song, Lump belongs to the band, The Presidents Of The USA, not me. Also, these are all my Characters, although Chuck and Megan are actual character names in the game. I hope you enjoyed it! Also, I had canceled my wolf book as well, so I'll be updating this a lot.