Frustration shouldn't be handled alone

"Anything you want to drink, Chloe?" Aubrey asked from the kitchen. She placed the kettle filled with water on the stove.

"I'm good, Aubrey," Chloe replied. She's in the living room with Emily sitting on her lap. It had been five days since she got home from the hospital. Chloe didn't want to stay there forever because she couldn't stand the lonely place. She insisted in going home and the doctor advised that she should have at least someone to be with her.

Aubrey came back from the kitchen holding a cup of tea, "So how's Beca?" She sat down beside Chloe who was brushing Emily's hair.

"Well, she's been busy with work but she makes sure to be home as early as possible."

"It's good that she's taking care of you." Aubrey smiled sweetly.

"Yeah," Chloe let out a small smile and kissed the top of Emily's head.

Chloe couldn't do much with a broken leg and healing ribs, not to mention the lack of sensitivity on the left part of her body. Beca was there to help her...well, all the time.

The brunette would call her every after 10 minutes to check up on her. Good thing, Aubrey was there so Beca had felt somewhat secured. Chloe had to admit it was sweet but she just didn't like it when Beca treats her like she was fragile. She didn't want to feel like a burden to her wife.

Aubrey had to leave early that afternoon because she still needed to stop by the grocery store. Beca was on her way home anyway. Chloe was still holding Emily on her lap, singing to her. Emily made her feel stronger and capable of doing many things by herself despite her condition. Besides Chloe missed her daughter so much during her stay at the hospital and she was so glad when Aubrey brought her back home that day. Chloe was so focused on the baby's beautiful brown hair and blue eyes that she didn't notice Beca had finally arrived home.

Beca cleared her throat to call the redhead's attention, "Hey there, my favorite girls. How are you feeling, Chloe?" She remained standing by the doorframe.

Chloe greeted her with a tired smile."Hey Becs. Nothing much happened the past 10 minutes after you called. I'm fine." She took a deep breath and forced a smile despite her throbbing headache. "Can you hold Emily for a sec? I need the toilet," Chloe added handing the baby to Beca.

Beca immediately dropped her things and made her way to get Emily. But then she left the baby on the colorful mat on the floor as she reached out for Chloe.

"I'm fine, Beca. I can stand up alone and help myself with these crutches. We bought them for a reason."

"But you can't-"

"I fucking know I can't feel with this hand, ok? But it works anyway. See?" Chloe said while showing Beca how she could slowly manage to walk. "If I need help, I'll call you. Now please stay with Emily, she missed you."

Beca didn't say anything and just stood there watching Chloe leave the room slowly. It was understandable that her wife had to feel this way, she thought. It must be frustrating to spend that much time on bed and not being able to do many things you would do in a normal life and what was worse, also worried about how long this was going to last. Maybe Chloe needed more support from her, maybe she had to set the timer every five minutes instead of ten... maybe she should bring the laptop to the room again even though Chloe said she should work from the living room...She just wanted Chloe to be comfortable as much as possible and make sure she's okay.

The chain of thought was interrupted by little Emily grabbing her leg with a cheeky smile she couldn't ignore. Letting out her baby-talking voice, Beca knelt down in front of her daughter and tickled her. She grinned when she heard Emily's adorable giggles.