Chapter 1:First Friend

It was my first day in high school.I was waiting in the office for my schedule when a girl walked in with weird face paint on. I was unintentionally staring at her wondering if I was supposed to be wearing face paint today when she noticed my presence.

"Hey I'm Lillian but everyone calls me Lilly." She says to me.

I quickly turn my eyes away from her and apologize for staring.

"My name is Angel, I'm new to you know... high school." I responded to her.

She giggled and gave me a big hug.

"Umm what are you doing?" I asked calmly but obviously overwhelmed.

"I can tell that you're extremely shy, so I figured a hug may help. Plus you kinda have to get used to me now that we're best friends and all."

"What?" I said, but before I could say anything else the counselor walked in with my schedule in hand.

"Here you go sweetheart, you're in fourth block right now so you go to-" She was cut off by Lilly grabbing the paper from her hand.

"Well we have the same class so come on I'll show you where it is." She grabbed my hand and pulled me towards the door.

"Wait! Didn't you come here for a reason, you had something to handle right?"

"To be honest, I completely forgot why I was here, so just come on."

"Well OK I guess we're leaving then" I said not knowing what she was walking me into.

When we arrived to the gym, I saw several girls gossiping and looking at their phones. As soon as I walked through the door, the room went completely silent and everyone was staring at me. It was so intense, I'm not a big fan of human interaction and now the spotlight is on me.

Lilly nudged me to take a few more steps into the freezing, people-infested gym. I pulled the sleeves of my hoodie over my hands, and I put my hands on my face covering my mouth and cheeks.

"Why are you doing that?" Lilly asked me with a bewildered look on her face.

"I tend to do this when I get nervous." I replied shivering a bit.

"Oh come on Angel, they don't bite." She started to scratch her head and mumbles under her breath, "At least most of them."

Before I could ask her to repeat herself, she started to push me into the gym causing all the gossipy girls to snicker.

I hissed at Lilly to stop.

"Ooh you have some fire in you don't you" she snickered with a mischievous grin that kinda creeper me out.

"Are you dating?" She asked me in a slightly serious tone, so I told her that I wasn't and didn't intend to.

She started to laugh pretty hard not noticing that we were still standing in the middle of the gym. I just stood there watching as she almost choked on her tongue. That made me laugh. After we finished laughing at each other, we walked to the top of the bleachers and sat down not noticing that everyone was still glaring at us.

"We are some weird kids." I said still giggling a bit.

"Angel I think I know the perfect person for you." She said with a wide grin on her face.

"What do you mean?" I asked a bit curious as to what she meant.

"I mean I know who you would be the perfect match with. You have so much in common with him, and I think you two will be amazing together." She replied.

"I don't know Lilly. What's he like?" I asked thoroughly intrigued with the subject.

"He is a talented dancer, he likes dubstep music, he's in the band...." I cut her off with a question.

"Wait, he's in the band?! What does he play? Is he any good at it? What grade is he in?" I was extremely interested now and I pelted my new friend with questions about his personality. and his interests.

"Well then someone's interested. I'll introduce you to him during transition."

"Wait! I can't talk to him. I don't really talk to people, I'm not good with them." I said this with a depressed look on my face.

"Don't worry I'll do most of the talking. All you have to do is show up and say 'hi'." She said reassuringly.

I think I can introduce myself to him without making a complete fool of myself. It can't be that hard can it? I thought to myself.