Chapter Sixteen

Even though I'm super curious to know more about Luke's family, I put the journal back where I found it and go to my room. I'll read more later.

That is, if I'm here later.

I told Luke I would only stay here for one night. But now I'm thinking this could be a fresh start for me. I need a place to stay, somewhere far away from my parents. And this mansion pretty much fits the bill.

But will Luke want me around for a longer period of time than was planned? I tell myself he won't mind. After all, he's the one who approached me in that cafe yesterday.

Wow, was it only yesterday? It seems like weeks ago! But no, it was only a little over 24 hours ago that I met Luke. This is all happening so fast!

I decide to get some lunch, even though it's 3:00. I slept past the breakfast hour, and I'm starving!

The fridge is chock full of things to eat. Deli meat, cheese, pickles, fruit, raw veggies, eggs-pretty much anything that needs to be refrigerated! I decide to make a sandwich.

So after I've put together a combination of cheeses and meat, I slather on the mayo and dig in! Mmm, I haven't had a good sandwich in weeks! It tastes amazing.

When I'm done eating, I clean up and wash my hands. Then I decide to watch some TV. So I go back up to my room and flop down on the bed. I check if anything's been added to Netflix, but nothing has. So I flip through the channels on regular TV until I find a funny sitcom to watch. It's been awhile since I've laughed, and it feels good.