Friendship

Luci's P.O.V

   While I'm passing by some of the unused classrooms, I hear someone crying. I turn around and head to the classroom. When I enter  I see Andrea Smith in the corner of the classroom, sobbing. I don't know why she is crying. Usually when I saw her she was super happy. Nobody could bring her down. I guess until now.

  I spent five minutes trying to calm her down. Once she calmed down I helped her up and wiped her face off for her. I decided to ask her what is wrong.

  "What's wrong is that all m friends hate me and so does the whole school" she answers, close to releasing  more tears.

  "I don't hate you" I say.

   She looks at me with wide brown eyes that were red from crying, "you don't hate me?"

  "I don't hate you. You're nice to everyone and you are smart. I would kill to be your friend" I respond.

  "Well why don't you be my friend," she asks sounding more cheerful with each word.

  "That seems like a good idea" I reply "so why not."

  Right after I say that the first bell rings signaling for everybody to head to class.

  "My first period is Ms.Ross, Chemistry. What is yours," Andrea says.

   I mentally check my class schedule and reply to her question,"I have the same first period."

   We walk to first period together. As we're walking I see people shooting us dirty looks. Andrea doesn't notice, but I do. I happily flick them off.

                                                            ~ Time Change~

   Finally after hearing Mr.Williams boring first day of school speech, the final bell rings. I take my phone out and hurry outside, rushing to meet Andrea at our new meeting location. I plug in my headphones and start playing some Mindless Self Indulgence. Shut me up starts playing at full blast and I can't help but notice people staring at me, obviously hearing my music. I get to the big maple tree in five minutes. When I get there Andrea is already there.

   "Hey" I exclaim.

   "Hi, is it okay if I go to your house for awhile," ask Andrea.

   " Yeah, my mom would love for me to have a friend over" I reply.

    It was true. My mom would be elated to see that I have a friend. I am too. I mean people actually noticed me. Even if  it was for me being nice to Andrea.

 We talk for awhile, until my mom pulls up. I let Andrea head into the car first and then I follow. We have about three hours before Jennifer comes home.

 When we get to my house, the first thing Andrea notices is my bass guitar. I've always wanted to be like Lyn-z, ever since I discovered the band.