Back To Reality

I woke the next morning. The sunlight shone though the window, catching every particle on the way down to the wooden floor, illuminating the entire room.Making me forget the problems I faced for a split second. We've only,been living in hell for 5 months.
  "Good morning."Jake said." Good morning, is Lily up?"I asked."She actually is still sleeping."He said with a smile.I tried to lean back up but, pain shot up my back forcing me to retreat to the bed."Take it easy killer." Jake said slowly helping me on my stomach.
  "I was able to use some leather strips to hold the skin together."He said."Wait so let me get this straight.You sewed my back together with leather strips...Are you freaking crazy!"I yelled hysterically.
  " Claim down. The leather was clean and I soaked the wound with whiskey. Its only been open for 5 months, all because you won't stay in bed "He finished." We can't stay here long. I popped a few this morning with the sniper rifle."
  "There will be more." I murmured to my self." So when can we leave?" Not until your back looks better."He said bluntly." I'm not just going to sit around until those things finally break in here."I snapped." You don't have a choice Cooper."He said sternly.
  Clearly knowing I was pissed he said "I'll go check on Lily."I wanted to apologize but he slipped out of the room before my mouth could make out the words.
  I sat awhile just thinking. About how life used to be. That's when shit hit the fan. "Fuck!"I hear from down stairs.     "That door was harder to open then I thought."A very southern voice says. I slide of the bed and grab my machete and axe. Ignoring the pain in my back I creep towards the stair case. I figured that Jake and Lily went for a run.
  I see a man with a thick beard. Then another man with a crossbow following him. "Don't move!"I yell from my hidden spot.
  "Hey, where ever you are don't shoot."The first man says."She ain't gonna shoot."Says the red neck. I stand up slowly and throw my axe. Right in front of his feet."You missed."He scoffed. "Who says I meant to?"I stated."I'm Rick and we're lowering our weapons."He says gesturing to the others.
  I slowly emerge from my spot and hold them at gunpoint with my revolver.I feel a hot liquid rolling down my back and nearly drop down." Your bleeding." The boy says. "This is  Daryl."Rick says."We mean no harm." He continues."Are you alone?"He asks. "For now."I reply.
   I feel shakey and see drops of blood hit the floor behind me.I lower the gun and drop to my knees.Rick rushes over to catch me.
  "What happened?" He asks. "I got hi-" I try to say but black out. Again.

   Yes, that was a flash back :)