Darkness (ASHTON IRWIN AU)

"Lie to me." I whispered as his intense gaze held my face.

He seemed to ponder this question for a while as he brushed my dark hair behind my ear. His messy dark blonde hair was swooped to the side of his face and his mouth twitched into a cheeky grin.

"I don't love you." Was his reply.

__

"This is so horrible." I laughed as I felt a blush creep onto my face.

"How is this horrible, Riley?" My friend, Kiara said to me.

"Because, I don't want to be here now do I?" I said rhetorically. She sighed.

"I guess your right." She said. I nodded, feeling victorious at our discussion.

If your wondering what exactly we were talking about, we were at a club. It was one of those places where everyone seems sketchy and you watch behind your back because there could be someone following you.

Yeah, obviously I didn't want to be there.

"Are you okay?" She asked before getting out of the car, grabbing my forearm. I nodded sighing.

"Yeah, I've just not been out in a while."

"I know, but it is an early birthday present." She laughed, hitting my arm in a playful manor.

"Why do you have to go to visit him on the week AND three weeks after that of my birthday?" I complained. She was going to see her boyfriend, Niall next Sunday, so she'll be gone for four weeks and my birthday.

"Because, that's the only time I get with him before he goes to America forever and ever!" She sighed.

"Why is he going to America again?" I asked her, stepping out with her.

"Because," she began, dodging a drunk man stumbling out. "He's got some business trip with Liam. He's coming back in two months." I sighed, running a hand through my hair and fixing it before we walked inside.

"Still, this is going to be fun, trust me." She giggled before continuing. "I can smell the sex." I laughed, nudging her arm slightly as we weaved through the sweaty bodies dancing, making our way go the bar.

"Two shots please!" She told the bartender who nodded and started whipping out the glasses. He filled them up with the liquid and sat them in front of our faces. Kiara grabbed one and held it to her lips, but she stopped.

"Happy birthday! Bottoms up, bitch!" She laughed, clinking her glass with mine, making the liquid spill a little. We downed it, the feeling of burning in the back of my throat.

"You coming?" I nodded, walking with her to the floor of sweaty bodies and drunk teenagers grinding on each other.

**

"It's been a while." Was what I kept repeating through the night as the alcohol quickly made my body loosen up. We had been dancing all night, Kiara dancing along with the rhythm and shoving off any guy who tried hitting on her. Even through her drunken phase she still managed to stay faithful to the blonde Irishman who had stolen her heart. I wasn't surprised as she grabbed my hand, trying to steady herself from falling. I laughed, prying her fingers from my own.

"I'm going to get another drink." I screamed over the music. "I'm not as drunk as you, yet."

"Aha!" She said, stumbling on her words. "You plan on getting shit-faced as well! Good choice!" I laughed and walked towards the bar. A drink was passed down from the bartender, one I didn't order.